- Develop, support and improve CMP processes for new & existing FEOL products
- Act as process liaison between formulation development chemists and CMP polishing and metrology tools
- Technical interface for customers. Support customers in troubleshooting exercises including product characterization and functional testing. Provide on-site customer support, both domestic and international
- Develop new FEOL/MOL CMP slurry formulations as per customers semiconductor technology node need
- Investigate chemistry and abrasive interactions with different dielectric and metal films
- Fine-tune slurry chemistry to get desired polishing rates and metrology performance for FEOL slurries
- Design, filter, analyze and summarize data using statistical software. Create standard recipes on CMP tools
- Coordinates with engineering & lab staff on process/formulation needs with respect to FEOL slurries. Leads cross-functional teams and provides consultation and technical expertise to Applications, R&D Process Development teams
- Participate in new product development and commercialization
- Ability to work extensively in a lab environment & direct technicians to support project needs in an efficient manner
- Must be able to communicate and work well with other professionals in a team environment
- Job requires standing and working in the lab for a substantial part of every day
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Material Science. A Ph.D. is preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with the semiconductor industry (FEOL/BEOL), CMP slurries, polishing and metrology tools, and CMP process and product development
- Analytical abilities, experimental skills and expertise in CMP process development, chemistry, and colloids & interface science required. Previous proven success in FEOL CMP processes is beneficial Sr. Applications Engineer
- Familiarity with Zeta Potential, corrosion, colloidal silica, and electro chemistry desired
- Highly motivated, creative individual with a passion for research and development leading to commercialization of high-impact practical applications/products
- Excellent communication, data collection, time management and organizational skills required. Proficiency in Office software such as MS Excel, Word, PPT and Outlook required. DoE, JMP, data analysis and technical reporting needed
- Project management experience strongly preferred. Ability to handle multiple projects and directions at the same time
- Good interpersonal skills and customer interaction capability. Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Ability to take calculated business risks and deal with uncertainty
Successful semiconductor manufacturers move quickly. They demand quality and they require leading technology. For them, partnering with the right supplier is a critical decision.
With state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Europe, Taiwan, China, Korea and Japan, local sales offices throughout the world and on site applications support, FUJIFILM Electronic Materials is prepared to supply the world's top tier semiconductor manufacturers.
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials offers a broad array of products and services used throughout the semiconductor manufacturing process.
Along with our broad array of advanced products, we rely on a corps of applications engineers to work directly with customers on specific applications. Technical and applications support are backed by technical service centers. FUJIFILM's investment in technical talent and equipment ensures optimal product characterization and quality in the face of the toughest customer requirements - whether in R&D or in customer applications.
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.