- Fully understands the customer requirements, particularly in the area of quality, and works with entire operations team to implement programs to meet and exceed customer expectations. Never stops looking for ways to identify and drive continuous improvement through the manufacturing supply chain while developing and utilizing KPIs following the DMAIC process.
- Plans activities of the operating functions to include planning, plant layout, plant changes, engineering, equipment selection, design for production, manufacturing methods, production planning, introduction of new or modified products, equipment capacity, labor capacity, and product mix changes.
- Operates the various activities of the operating functions through managing people from hiring and training, to coaching, motivation, performance management and developing/improving skills.
- Ensures that actual profits are meeting planned profit levels (gross margin responsibility) in order
- to identify and correct non-justified expenses
- to monitor performance against cycle time and schedules
- to ensure manufacturing performance is consistent with quality requirements
- to ensure alignment between methods engineering and work measurement
- Identifies and removes barriers to meeting objectives and communication issues within manufacturing
- Participates and leads, as necessary, task force activities to meet customer quality and delivery requirements when supply chain excursions occur.
- Directs the EHS department, ensuring compliance with legal, ISO14001, ISO9001, OSHAS18001, and FFEM requirements in the area of occupational safety, product safety and the environment throughout Mesa, AZ for the FFEM business.
- Directs the Quality Control department which is responsible to control incoming raw materials, bulk and intermediate materials and finished products to ensure adherence to designed customers' requirements.
- Directs the Maintenance department in order to effectively develop and utilize available resources to preserve physical assets while safely providing continuous availability of manufacturing equipment at the most economic level possible.
- Directs the Manufacturing department which is responsible to meet customer demand requirements for product quantity and quality.
- Ensures the Inventory Management group is effectively utilizing Sales and Operations Planning process tools to leverage company assets to maximize profitably and efficiency.
- Leads key projects ensuring they meet project scope, budgeted cost and project timelines as assigned and approved by FUJIFILM Senior Management.
- Acts as facility crisis manager ensuring facility and division's crisis plans are activated according to plan and acts as the authorized communication contact for internal, external, authorities, neighborhood and the press.
- Identifies, develops, communicates and implements local objectives and targets in line with the company's overall goals.
- Participates and assists as a member of the global management team in identifying and developing long term global plans and objectives for the business.
- Prepares an annual capital expenditure plan and operational expense budget for review with senior management. Plans and communicates manufacturing budget and resource requirements, provides product costing for new and modified products, provides efficient utilization of manufacturing resources.
- Complies with defined Quality, Environmental and Safety policies and assists in projects of continual improvement in order to keep the company performance up to the highest standard.
- Bachelor's degree required in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in a chemical manufacturing environment, preferably high purity chemicals or pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum 5 years' progressive management experience supervising and leading management teams.
- Minimum 5 years' hands-on plant/site management experience with the willingness to manage day to day issues as needed.
- Strong business acumen and financial management experience.
- Sales, marketing or other similar experience requiring regular customer interface.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead others.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learning to drive continuous improvement.
- Willing to work additional night and weekend hours, as necessary, to meet objectives and customer requirements.
- Experience with quality and safety systems
- Project Management
- People management and conflict resolution skills
- Crisis management experience.
- Practical and theoretical experience related to organizational design and structure
- Problem diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Supply chain management experience
- Public speaking experience and effective presentation skills
- General computer skills
- Engineering qualification (Chemical or related field)
Successful semiconductor manufacturers move quickly. They demand quality and they require leading technology. For them, partnering with the right supplier is a critical decision.
With state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Europe, Taiwan, China, Korea and Japan, local sales offices throughout the world and on site applications support, FUJIFILM Electronic Materials is prepared to supply the world's top tier semiconductor manufacturers.
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials offers a broad array of products and services used throughout the semiconductor manufacturing process.
Along with our broad array of advanced products, we rely on a corps of applications engineers to work directly with customers on specific applications. Technical and applications support are backed by technical service centers. FUJIFILM's investment in technical talent and equipment ensures optimal product characterization and quality in the face of the toughest customer requirements - whether in R&D or in customer applications.
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.