Working as part of the Fujifilm Diosynth (FDB) Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO), the job holder will project manage and/or play a significant role in the delivery of projects which are part of the FDB Global Business Change Plan (GBCP). This will involve key strategic and large matrix projects which include to varying degrees – global, multi-site, significant third party involvement and strategic client collaborations. The post holder will manage a portfolio of business projects, encompassing both development of systems and the delivery of business change (non-customer facing projects).
Candidates that are from the Oil or Gas industry are welcome to apply and be considered.
The GCBP is a rolling multi-year portfolio of projects that enable achievement of the agreed FDB Business Mid Term Plan (MTP)/Long Term Plan (LTP), required for long term business success. The delivery arm of the GCBP is the ePMO, which has been identified by the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) as a necessary foundation for the delivery of the high volume of transformation projects required in the FDB MTP/LTP.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent influencing skills and have demonstrable experience in realizing and driving forward a cohesive program of work, with the ability to resolve inter-dependencies across the company. The job holder is expected to have experience of successfully leading multi-stream or multi-site projects, delivering coherent, workable and ‘bought in to’ solutions. The successful candidate will be meticulous, process-driven and have first class organizational skills. Experience of relevant project management software applications is desirable.
** Relocation assistance is available for this position.
The proposed GBCP delivery success will be fundamental in securing the improvements required in efficiency and processes of working to grow sustainably the business as per the long term plan of FDB to achieve $1b sales in 2023.
2500 across 4 sites
No of staff reporting to individual
The job holder will be directly/in-directly responsible for the management of global project teams (~between 2 and 20 people). These project teams may include both FDB employees and third party companies, and will be located across all FDB sites.
Forward work plan
Up to 36 months
Responsible for day to day management of project budgets $1Million +
· Takes action to tie up loose ends.
· Checks to ensure data is accurate and sustainable.
· Makes sure all necessary tasks have been completed.
· Takes care of both small and large aspects of a task.
· Draws on reason and logic in making a case.
· Uses cost benefit arguments in order to influence.
· Presents arguments based on factual information.
· Refers others to source data when debating contentious issues.
· Focuses on the problem rather than the person in a debate.
Concern For Impact
· Effectively communicates in order to influence.
· Considers in advance the impact of actions on others and adjusts actions in order to influence.
· Maintains people's self-esteem in situations of criticism, disagreement, or discipline.
· Actively seeks ways of improving current methods, systems, processes and structures.
· Finds ways to use time and resources more cost effectively.
· Points out redundant or unnecessary steps in methods or procedures.
· Actively reviews schedules to avoid unnecessary 'overruns'.
Concern for Standards
· Explicitly defines consequences of not achieving standards.
· Works to meet standards of excellence.
· Takes action to ensure consistent application of procedures/systems.
Method of Assessment
Degree level education
Project management qualification
5 years+ experience of successfully leading multi-stream projects
Experience of mentoring project leads
Experience of delivering training
Experience of using a wide range of project management tools and techniques.
Change management experience
Experience of relevant project management software applications
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to influence, negotiate and persuade, especially at a senior level.
Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
Ability to provide leadership to a project team.
Ability to effectively prioritize
Ability to adjust personal style when dealing with different individuals
Evidence of continued professional development