The Scientific Applications Specialist (1 year contract) role is to provide applications support for existing and new products of VisualSonics and its ultra high frequency ultrasound and photoacoustic technology. The Applications Specialist will provide support in the areas of sales demonstrations, customer education, customer training/support and applications development. The specialist may resolve customer satisfaction issues as assigned and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. The specialist may also work with Product Management and Engineering to test and provide feedback on new product developments.
- Pre-Sales Demonstrations
- Provide pre-sales demonstrations of high-resolution ultrasound/photoacoustic equipment and related research-specific applications for prospective customers at our facilities in Toronto, at customer sites and at select luminary sites.
- Travel to and participate in trade shows, conferences and workshops as a subject matter expert on high-resolution ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging techniques and applications.
- Customer Training
- Provide pre-installation and post-installation application support of high-resolution ultrasound/photoacoustic equipment and related research-specific applications.
- Provide training for our customers on the use of newly acquired equipment both in our Toronto-based training facility and at customer locations (travel involved). A specific focus will be on parlaying sonographic expertise to users who are new to ultrasound as an imaging modality.
- Ability to deliver specialized and general presentations about products, applications and new developments at customer sites, conferences, workshops and over the phone and internet.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% - 75% of working time as required.
- Product Enhancement / Development Responsibilities
- Collect and provide user feedback for product development initiatives to enhance future products and towards the development of new application-based functionality. Assist in evaluating new products where applicable and liaise with the Product Management team.
- Application-related Protocols/Procedures
- Develop procedure manuals and training materials for; Animal Care and Handling, including Anesthesia, Adult Mouse Organ Imaging/Doppler, Adult Mouse Cardiology Imaging/Doppler, Embryonic Mouse (General) Imaging/Doppler, Embryonic Mouse Cardiology Imaging/Doppler, Molecular Imaging and Contrast Research.
- Application and Science Development
- Work with and maintain strong ties to luminary or partner labs developing new protocols and completing new experiments.
- Commitment to developing extensive knowledge of products and applications.
The position reports directly to the Director, Marketing & Product Management. Internally, the Applications Specialist shall promote positive and effective working relationships and work cooperatively to achieve assigned goals. This includes interaction with:
- Sales Managers to manage customer expectations and facilitate the sale of systems.
- Product Managers to provide product feedback and feature requests.
- Marketing Managers to provide images and data for creation of relevant marketing content.
Externally the Applications Specialist shall work closely with customers, end users, and luminaries to support the development, sales, support and training of VSI products.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge in small animal anatomy and physiology.
- Good knowledge in oncology, cardiology & neurobiology.
- Good knowledge of genetics & molecular biology.
- Good experience with small animal practices & techniques - Animal Care and Handling, including Anesthesia.
- Experience working within ISO 9001 quality standards is desirable.
- Experience in medical software and knowledge in imaging applications is an asset.
- 3 years+ clinical applications experience with ultrasound either for an equipment manufacturer or in a clinical ultrasound facility (preferred).
- Degree in radiology technology or diagnostic/digital imaging or equivalent (preferred).
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Developmental Biology, Medical Biophysics, Medical Genetics or Zoology science or equivalent discipline or Bachelor degree..
- RDMS and RDCS (Adult and/or Pediatric) certification preferred but not essential.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Excellent business writing skills and good business sense.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent priority setting and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to handle tasks concurrently rather than sequentially.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environment.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up.
- Proven ability to mentor less experienced peers.
- Positive professional attitude; eager to learn from new and challenging opportunities.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.SonoSite.com/careers.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 425-951-1200, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . Additionally, the affirmative program/plan is available for review upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.