Duties and responsibilities
- Works with Sales on regular capacity planning and pro-active quoting of needed services and hardware including storage.
- Advises and consults with Solutions Delivery and Service department and customers regarding MI- Product configuration and settings. Works with FMSU Technical resource to assist with system upgrade planning and site configuration reviews and server racks, setup and at customer sites.
- Maintains expertise regarding MI- Products implementation tools and documentation.
- Works with Regional Customer Solutions Engineer resources to develop, update and maintain regional customer documentation.
- Acts as the primary Point of Contact for the region for new products, software changes (including testing) and new information dissemination as it relates to MI Products.
- Coordinates activities and communications between the Project implementation teams and Regional resources. Disseminates technical information from Headquarters to the Region.
- Maintains a travel schedule that is consistent with the requirements of the position.
- Adheres to the Company's quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all job duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned by management.
This position description contains the general duties considered necessary to outline the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as inclusive of all work requirements which may be inherent to successful performance. In addition, the masculine pronoun used herein shall include the feminine.
- Utilizes all corporate communication systems on a regular basis in accordance with Service Management direction. Follows corporate guidelines for allowed use and usage.
- Completes Astea service requests for all service functions performed (call closings, time sheets, etc.) and submits them in a timely manner. Open service requests shall follow the corporate guidelines for the number allowed open and requirements for being updated\maintained within the service management system, Astea.
- Completes expense reports and submits them in a timely manner to Service Management for review and approval on a monthly basis.
- Submits film badge in accordance with the Company’s radiation safety program.
- Maintains company supplied tools, service manuals and spare parts lists. Order spare parts as needed.
- Issues and follows up on Service Agreement offers.
- Maintains, protects and safeguards all Company equipment and materials.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
Participates in advanced training programs sponsored by the Company and/or other outside training institutions in order to acquire the requisite skills necessary to perform the primary job duties and responsibilities inherent in the position. It is expected that all employees will obtain the following professional certifications within 2 years following their appointment to this position:
- OEM Computer Hardware Network Training (Compaq/HP/Dell/ Microsoft)
- Completion of any product specific training in his or her area of expertise
- FUJIFILM Product Specific Certification
- Will be allowed to pursue Project Management Certification if not already certified.
- Associates Degree or Equivalent in Relevant Field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of servicing Medical industry equipment with a focus on Medical Informatics and/or IT.
- Must have a proven track record for leading Service type projects.
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
- The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
- The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
- Close Vision: The ability to see clearly at twenty inches or less.
Occasional (up to 25%) travel may be required based on business need.