The Director, Global Supply Chain is a critical leadership position within the corporate organization responsible for the developing and maintaining of world class vendors and the systems that manage our worldwide extended supply chain.
Provide strategic and tactical leadership in creating and maintaining a best-in-class global supply chain system. This position will manage the organization responsible for all sourcing functions. This group must support a fast paced, high tech NPI environment while maintaining cost and quality objectives. Also, must maintain compliance with strict FDA and ISO requirements while supporting a growning and dynamic revenue plan and corresponding production schedule.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set and implement supply chain strategy for all supply chain functions:
- Commodity Management (sourcing, risk management, contract negotiations, key supplier development objectives etc.)
- Procurement (master data, change management, material cost reduction, etc.)
- Materials Management (inventory control, SIOP, planning, operational KPIs, etc.)
- Distribution (warehousing, logistics, etc.)
- Set and establish breakthrough annual improvement objectives for each supply chain team.
- Develop and utilize operational data to provide for dashboards, define SLAs, monitor performance, provide transparency, and identify initiatives for improvement.
- Establish internal visual daily management for stable and disciplined process execution and the management of exceptions.
- Establish supplier performance scorecards, development objectives, and quarterly business reviews for key suppliers.
- Provide leadership, strategy and execution management in supplier risk mitigation that ensures uninterrupted supply
- Ensure adequate project management support for systems upgrades in MRP, MES, CRM system, their integrations, business process optimizations and standard work.
- Develop robust processes for ensuring successful product lifecyle management.
- Communicate and collaborate seamlessly with operations departments, peers, executives, and other FUJIFILM sites.
- Lead through the introduction of new products NPI, new suppliers, and the improvement of supplier capability.
- Manage Sales Inventory and Operation Supply planning alignment cycles.
- Negotiate MRO, Capex and contract services contracts.
- Lead and develop high-performance teams within each supply chain discipline with exceptional employee engagement with our core values: Humility, Integrity, Quality, and Enthusiasm while always giving your best.
- Establish succession planning through coaching, stretch assignments, and enrichment curriculum and for professional supply chain development.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's and/or MBA degree.
- 5 years in senior management role developing and leading sourcing organizations and supplier quality functions in high tech electro mechanical device environments. Requires thorough knowledge of modern supply chain practices and industry best practices. Experience and ability to effectively communicate supply chain objectives and convey benefits to the organization.
- Experience in Medical device and ISO governed industry is highly preferred.
- Experience and proven success in managing Asian supply chains. Effective knowledge of pros and cons of off-shore suppliers. Must provide strategic leadership and tactical accountability.
- Experience with sourcing and procurement of externally designed and manufactured custom sub-assemblies and end items (OEMs). Ability and experience governing the process for creating thorough product specifications that control both design and long-term procurement/business requirements. Experience with entire process of developing requirements, issuing RFPs, selecting partners, and then managing throughout the entire product life cycle.
- Experience and knowledge in using a wide variety of planning tools such as MRP, Kan-ban, supplier managed inventory, etc. to appropriately balance inventory with variable revenue/demand. Work with planning and manufacturing functions to optimize the sourcing processes for cost and flexibility demands.
- Experience with corporate ERP systems (Oracle preferred).
Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership and management – ability to manage both teams and projects.
- Organizational development and personnel development and mentoring.
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record of achieving goals through effective communications within and across various organizational functions and levels.
- Proven ability to build and manage teams.
- Proven experience developing and managing effective continuous improvement processes, including managing deliverables, processes, and timelines.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25lbs with or without accommodations.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.SonoSite.com/careers.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 425-951-1200, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . Additionally, the affirmative program/plan is available for review upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.