Duties and responsibilities
- Performs installations, maintenance and repairs on Company products at assigned customer sites in accordance with QSR guidelines.
- Resolves technical equipment failures through phone support and on-site customer visits.
- Performs troubleshooting, diagnostic evaluations and routine inspections on Company equipment.
- Identifies and develops new service contract opportunities in order to increase service revenues.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships in assigned accounts in order to promote exceptional customer satisfaction and sale of Company products.
- Adheres to maintenance schedules to insure that regular and preventive maintenance work schedules are completed in a timely fashion.
- Maintains an inventory of parts and tools within corporate limits.
- Follows corporate standards for the calibration of test tools.
- Follows Company and department policies, procedures and guidelines in performing daily work assignments.
- Adjusts work schedules to meet customer and business demands. Participates in after-hours service and travel, as required.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Utilizes all corporate communication systems on a regular basis in accordance with service management direction. Follows corporate guidelines for allowed use and usage.
- Acknowledges and closes out inventory returns with the Service Operations (Inventory Planning) Department within five (5) days from receipt.
- Completes Astea service requests for all service functions performed (call closings, time sheets, etc.) and submits them in a timely manner. Open service requests shall follow the corporate guidelines for the number allowed open and requirements for being updated\maintained within the service management system, Astea.
- Completes expense reports and submits them in a timely manner to the service management for review and approval on a monthly basis.
- Submits film badge in accordance with the Company’s radiation safety program.
- Maintains company supplied tools service manuals and spare parts lists. Order spare parts, as needed for scheduled maintenance or emergency service.
- Issues and follows up on Service Agreement offers.
- Maintains, protects and safeguards all Company equipment and materials.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
Participates in training programs sponsored by the Company and/or other outside training institutions in order acquire the requisite skills necessary to perform the primary job duties and responsibilities inherent in the position. It is expected that all employees will obtain the following professional certifications within 18 months following their appointment to this position:
- Trained X-Ray Engineer with 5-10 years' experience
- Completion of product specific FUJIFILM Certification Training.
- Minimum of an Associates degree or equivalent experience in an electrical, electronics or computer science discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of troubleshooting experience using appropriate troubleshooting techniques and tools/test equipment
- 100% field and factory trained on designated FMSU product lines
- Cross-trained in at least one other FMSU product group
- Microsoft Certified Professional - certification in a desktop or server OS. Desktop: Windows XP or later, Sever Windows: 2000 or later.
- OEM Computer Hardware certification required such as Dell Certified Systems Expert and/or Dell Certified Open Manage Professional. Or equivalent certifications for HP/Compaq/IBM etc.
The individual will have at least five (5-10) years of X-ray field service experience in the support of medical imaging X-ray systems in addition to the certification or completed training requirements listed above.
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
- The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
- The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day, up to 4 hours at a time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to reach above their head to work on equipment that is on a desk, on the floor, or mounted to the ceiling, must also be comfortable on ladders.
Ability to use hands to type and have the manual dexterity to manipulate hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches etc.
Occasional (up to 25%) travel may be required based on business need.