FUJIFILM Manufacturing U.S.A., Inc., located in Greenwood, SC, plays a key role in the company's strategic vision by serving customers throughout the United States, Canada, and over 40 other countries worldwide. The complex boasts five state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities producing QuickSnap recyclable cameras, ink jet and traditional photographic paper, personalized photo prints and gifts, and digital printing plates for the Graphic Arts Industry.
Fujifilm strives to offer a healthy work environment that promotes individual responsibility and growth, a collaborative spirit, and an atmosphere that encourages learning, professional development and achievement. Performance, development and accountability are the standards to which the company and its people strive toward.
We search for the most talented and qualified people. And to support our employees, we offer programs that motivate, educate and promote a healthy work-life balance, which increase employee satisfaction and overall personal well-being.
At Fujifilm, INNOVATIONS and PEOPLE matter.
FUJIFILM Manufacturing is a EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled
We are currently recruiting for a Chemical Engineer (internally known as FA Chemical Engineer (K TE)). The successful candidate will research, develop, design and test chemical processes, equipment and systems, applying principles and techniques of chemical engineering. Contributes process and engineering support to production plants; evaluates and introduces new technology, methods or processes and the development and integration of innovative ideas to improve chemical manufacturing operations, as well as to implement capacity increases; assisting production plants with short and longer term problem solving. Works with existing and new raw materials for improved performance, lower cost, problem solving, supplier issues and new products. Higher levels will develop, manage and adhere to project schedules and budgets and ensure that process requirements are met and validated. In addition, higher levels will plan and conduct work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection and adaptation and modification of complex techniques, procedures, and manufacturing equipment and processes. Assignments will range from small scope projects to complex plant processes or site wide operations. Generates hazardous waste, labels containers and meets other container storage requirements. Transports them to less than 90 day storage. Project manager for contractors. Ensures contractors meet waste management disposal requirements.
Ranging from BS degree in Chemical Engineering to Master Degree in Chemical Engineering or related degree or equivalent experience dependent on level.
Ranging from minimum of one-year experience working in a production operations environment or equivalent Co-op/Intern experience to 15 years plus dependent upon level.
Professional license or certification:
SPECIFIC SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
• Demonstrates ability to effectively use verbal, written and listening communication skills with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Demonstrates ability to meet multiple deadlines in a timely manner (time management and stress)
• Demonstrates adaptability and willingness to learn in a changing technological environment
• Demonstrates attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information
• Demonstrates professionalism (e.g., cooperation, courtesy, assertiveness, non-defensiveness and accepting of constructive feedback)
• Effectively communicates technical information and complex ideas
• Works independently in assigned areas of responsibility and demonstrates effective problem solving and decision making skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Equipment Modification – Modify or change equipment used either directly or indirectly in the manufacturing process. Provides technical assistance to other departments who may also lead related projects.
2. Raw materials – Qualifies additional suppliers, test and implement supplier factor changes, and resolve quality and other raw material issues.
3. Yield, Downtime, A-rank, Safety – Works on projects and other activities to improve plant performance issues.
4. Effectively works with others within the team to achieve team goals. Effectively communicates with co-workers and supervisor. Performs all additional duties as assigned by supervisor. Follows Fujifilm’s Employee Code of Conduct Policy and maintains and adheres to Fujifilm Safety Policies and Procedures.