Duties and responsibilities
- Perform remote trouble-shooting, diagnostic evaluations and routine inspections on medical imaging systems, equipment and components sold or serviced by the company
- Manages the support needs and priorities of assigned sites through continual interaction with customer personnel
- Identifies, deploys and adheres to project management, account management and incident management best practices that will ensure assigned customers’ support needs are consistently being met and are made visible at all appropriate levels across FMSU functional areas
- Coordinate efforts from resources across the FMSU functional areas and outside vendors in order to ensure the customers’ support requirements are addressed in a timely manner to the highest quality standards
- Maintains working knowledge of current medical imaging products and related technologies
- Assess hardware, software and network related issues on customer systems and provides solutions for repairs
- Stay abreast of the latest industry/technology advances through continuous education
- Collaborate with other internal and external groups on solving complex technical issues and developing innovative solutions
- Effectively document problems and solutions into a product knowledge database
- Assist in developing trouble-shooting guides, bulletins, software files and similar resources on existing products
- Sets up and participates in a regular visit schedule to customer sites to strengthen FMSU business relationship with the assigned customers
- Available to travel at short notice on overnight trips to provide support or attend customer meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Information Systems with a minimum of 8 years related professional experience or comparable education and work experience.
- PMI™ – CAPM certification or ability to obtain certification within six months from start date
- Advanced working knowledge of current network technologies
- Familiarity with relational database management software including Oracle and MS SQL
- Ability to achieve results and meet goals in a fast-paced, team environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, excellent telephone manner
- Ability to make independent decisions based on interpretation of technology data and product knowledge
- An excellent track record of advanced client relations skills
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
- The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
- The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
- Close Vision: The ability to see clearly at twenty inches or less.
Occasional (up to 25%) travel may be required based on business need.