Main Responsibilities Include:
- Support Senior Director of Commercial Development (Director) in achieving departmental and company objectives.
- Support Directors of Commercial Development (CD) in obtaining new or follow up business from prospective and existing customers.
- Prospect for new business primarily in the USA and Canada, and potentially in other territories as required.
- Qualify leads within new or existing companies who would benefit from FDB’s outsourcing solutions, including but not limited to microbial and cell culture manufacturing, viral and gene therapy manufacturing, analytical solutions, process development support and other services offered by FDB
- Support CD’s as requested in establishing contact with new customers through persistent, professional and proactive contact via e-mail, phone and other marketing efforts
- Support CD’s in scheduling visits with clients based on CD’s travel within territories
- Maintain high visibility within Sales force of activities conducted with existing and prospect accounts
- Prospect through newsletters and proactively utilize information obtained to qualify leads
- Create weekly reports (or ad hoc depending on importance) regarding key changes (such as funding status or alliances/partnerships) of new and existing customers as obtained from market reports/newsletters:
- Work with Program Managers to identify additional services that would benefit existing clients
- Support sales effort for stand-alone and add-on services, including coordinating call and visits
- Support marketing and promotional efforts including tradeshow attendance and pre-show marketing effortsAssist with marketing campaigns for new services
- Attend tradeshow or regional professional networking events as needed
- Timely update/maintain:
- Salesforce database with information
- Tier board
- Other databases/records as required by Director
- Timely provide information about efforts in relation to above tasks or other information as requested by CD’s, Senior Director
- Collaborate with and maintain effective cross-functional working relationships with Sales, Technical Support, Business Development, Marketing, Program Management and other stakeholders.
- Maintain professional and positive client relationship during the sales cycle.
- Assist establishing processes to improve the sales process.
- Maintain knowledge of industry developments.
- Participate in sales team meetings and other regular company meetings as requested by Director
- Lead meetings or projects as requested by Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or science is required.
- Minimum four years of experience in biologics drug development and/or contract manufacturing/testing organization with at least one year in business/commercial development, or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent technical writing skills required. Demonstrated ability to work in an environment that requires teamwork and the entrepreneurial/start-up mentality of “doing whatever it takes to get the job done” required.
- Strong presentation and customer-interaction skills required. Good understanding of program management and biologics drug development market/business required.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.