Duties and responsibilities
- Execute and communicate policies and procedures to all subordinates in order to operate effectively and with cost efficiency in mind.
- Periodic communication with various Field Sales, Service and Installation personnel regarding order inquiries and changes.
- Must be responsible in maintaining 100% picking, receiving and shipping accuracy.
- Maintain close lines of communication with the Warehouse Manager, Purchasing, Order Fulfillment, Customer Care and OTR operations for accurate delivery schedules, dispatching and order status changes as well as appointments for incoming materials deliveries.
- Book and coordinate pick up with carriers on a daily basis for Orders, Scrap among others.
- Manage and assist in executing cycle counts and inventory procedures.
- Responsible for proper stock rotation on a FIFO basis. Inventory must be physically placed in the proper bin locations safely and organized.
- Responsible for maintaining quality and regulatory compliance in all job duties and following appropriate procedures.
- Office duties include but not limited to all Warehouse SAP transactions that process Inbounds, Outbound orders.
- Communicate often with the Warehouse and OTR Manager for effective and accurate preparation of orders sent to the warehouse.
- Responsible for executing multiple order prints, (Transfer Orders for Outbound Deliveries) on daily basis. Initiate cross training of various job functions including receiving, returns, cycle counts, picking, packing and shipping procedures.
- Assist and process on a regular basis in picking and packing of orders for shipment.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds and prepare shipments for common carriers, FEDEX, AIT WORLDWIDE, STI/ALLIED among others carriers. Work with the Warehouse Assistant in receiving to initiate record and report freight claim related to incoming shipments damaged in transit.
- Fill in 100% when Warehouse Assistant(s) or Warehouse Manager is out of the office.
- Understand the operation and maintain the integrity of the FedEx Powership automation system.
- Maintain constant operation and integrity of all warehouse printers, Copiers and phone systems by working with help desk to repair when needed.
- Issue requisition to order Shipping supplies.
- Immediately report all failures of equipment to the Warehouse Manager.
- Special projects as necessary.
- Adheres to the Company’s quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- High School diploma preferred or equivalent.
- SAP Warehouse Management knowledge a plus.
- Four year experience as a Warehouse Supervisor with knowledge in inventory, distribution, and operational processes and procedures.
- Ability to operate FORKLIFT and other warehouse equipment is a must.
- Basic skillset in Microsoft Office products/Google Drive (Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, etc).
- Self-directed with high energy and motivation. Ability to work independently and/or in a team setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Presentation skills are a plus.
- Position has physical requirements, and must be able to lift 70lbs boxes on a routine basis. Must be able to routinely stand up between 75%-100% per working day.
- Must be able to lead through influence and to make recommendations to process improvements.
- This position will require a high level of interaction and coordination with different leadership teams within the organization. This individual must be able to work in a high-paced environment, work well on a team, have strong organization skills and have exceptional attention to detail.
- Availability to travel for training.
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
- The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
- The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
- Close Vision: The ability to see clearly at twenty inches or less.
Occasional (up to 25%) travel may be required based on business need.
NOTE: Training for this positon will require travel to Stamford, CT for several weeks.