Duties and responsibilities
- Receiving/Returns duties
- Responsible for all appointments for incoming material deliveries (domestically and overseas);
- Unload Trucks at the dock operating a Fork Lift, verify and sign Incoming Delivery Bill of Lading;
- Process WM Receiving/Returns Transactions in SAP to close (including Print ReceivingReturn docs, Labels among others);
- Put Inventory Away on the shelves by bin location safely and organized by using RF GUN Device and FIFO process;
- File all Receiving/Returns documents accordingly.
- Shipping duties
- Print all Transfer Orders related to Outbound Shipments;
- Pick and Pack all Materials listed on the Outbound Transfer Orders using RF GUN Device FIFO process;
- Process shipments in the FEDEX SAP/Café or if Truck load, book shipment with Trucking carriers;
- Load Trucks at the dock operating a Fork Lift, verify and sign Outbound Delivery Bill of Lading;
- Verify daily orders are closed in SAP;
- File all Shipping documents accordingly.
- Execute daily cycle counts using RF GUN Device;
- Maintain close lines of communication with the Warehouse Manager, Purchasing, Order Fulfillment, Customer Care and OTR operations for accurate delivery schedules, dispatching and order status changes.
- Book and coordinate shipments related or not to orders with carriers for pick up on a daily basis.
- Responsible for Inventory Racks, floor location organization and overall cleanliness of warehouse.
- Responsible for maintaining quality and regulatory compliance in the job duties and following appropriate procedures.
- Communicate often with the Warehouse, Purchasing and OTR Manager for effective and accurate preparation of orders sent to the warehouse.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds and prepare shipments for common carriers, FEDEX, AIT WORLDWIDE, STI/ALLIED among others carriers. Work with the Warehouse Supervisor to initiate record and report freight claim related to incoming shipments damaged in transit.
- Understand the operation and maintain the integrity of the FedEx Powership automation system.
- Maintain constant operation and integrity of all warehouse printers, Copiers and phone systems by working with help desk to repair when needed.
- Immediately report all failures of equipment to the Warehouse Manager.
- Must be responsible in maintaining 100% picking, receiving and shipping accuracy.
- Able to perform basic maintenance checks on equipment.
- Special projects as necessary.
- Adheres to the Company’s quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- High School diploma preferred or equivalent.
- Two years warehouse work experience in Receiving, Shipping, Returns
- Ability to operate FORKLIFT, and other warehouse equipment is a must.
- SAP Warehouse Management knowledge a plus.
- Basic skillset in Microsoft Office products/Google Drive (Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, etc).
- Self-directed with high energy and motivation. Ability to work independently and/or in a team setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Presentation skills are a plus.
- Position has physical requirements, and must be able to lift 70lbs boxes on a routine basis. Must be able to routinely stand between 75%-100% per working day.
- This position will require a high level of interaction and coordination with different leadership teams within the organization. This individual must be able to work in a high-paced environment, work well on a team, have strong organization skills and have exceptional attention to detail.
- Availability to travel for training
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
- The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
- The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
- Close Vision: The ability to see clearly at twenty inches or less.
Occasional travel may be required based on business need.
NOTE: Training for this role will be in Stamford, CT for the the first several weeks.