- Assist in quality control testing of samples provided to the QC laboratory:
- SDS Page
- Western Blot
- Assist with preparing and executing test qualification and validation of QC test methods.
- Assist with writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other related Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)/Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) documentation.
- Help manage test samples, reagents and reference standards.
- Assist with raw materials coordination efforts as needed.
- Reviews data obtained for compliance to specifications and reports excursion/out of specifications.
- Provides QC support for the sites Environmental Monitoring program and raw material analysis.
- Ensure lab is maintained (organized, clean, properly supplied).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Previous pipetting experience.
- Ability to follow safety procedures outlined in the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Utilize MSDS sheets to properly assess chemical hazards, spill response procedures, and PPE requirements if indicated.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Ability to accurately complete required documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Ability to sit for long periods to work on a computer.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, specialized clothing including laboratory scrubs (pants and shirt) and appropriate shoes required in most areas associated with this position.
- Lift up to 30 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Undergraduate degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Analytical laboratory experience in a GMP/GxP or a comparable federally regulated environment