The Installation Support Engineer performs pre-installation setup of Portable X-Ray Systems and Digital Radiography Systems. Coordinates and prepares equipment for tradeshows and for on-site demonstration. Confirms all accessories and necessary tools are included to make installation and display of our product a success. Performs necessary repairs of Digital Radiography Systems, X-Ray Systems and related equipment and sub-assemblies as needed. Exercises sound judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. To meet the needs of our customers working outside of normal business hours and holidays are required.
Duties and responsibilities
• Performs pre-installation setup and configuration of Portable X-Ray Systems and Digital Radiography Systems to facilitate installation at the customer site.
• Performs routine inspections, diagnostic evaluations and repairs on medical imaging systems, equipment and components used by the company for sale and demonstrational purposes.
• Maintains technical expertise on FMSU product offerings and stays abreast of current industry trends and future technology advancements through continuous education.
• Assists other team members with technical knowledge within the scope of an assigned product family, product or module which includes repair and or testing guidance, upgrade and troubleshooting techniques.
• Installing and documenting Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) into equipment.
• Ability to communicate and troubleshoot technical issues with our vendors to facilitate warranty repairs.
• Provides on-call support in case of emergencies to salvage parts to satisfy repair emergencies after hours and on weekends or as necessary.
• Performs the function of opening and closure of all repair orders sent to the repair center in the CRM.
• Occasionally participates in customer site visits, as necessary.
• Short notice and/or overnight travel, as required, to work on customer systems.
• Adheres to the Company’s quality and regulatory compliance requirements without exception, and ensures that all job duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Comply with all applicable U.S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) medical device regulatory requirements, applicable ISO 13485 standard requirements and all other applicable laws, regulations and standards.
• Associates degree in electro-mechanical technology or computer technology related field with a minimum of 2 years related professional experience or comparable education and work experience.
• Creative, consultative, communicator with the ability to build relationships to support the evolving needs of customers, employees and the business.
• Experience with Case Management tracking tools.
• Advanced working knowledge of current network technologies.
• Ability to achieve results and meet goals in a fast-paced, rapidly changing team environment.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
• The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
• The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
• The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
• The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
• Close Vision: The ability to see clearly at twenty inches or less.
Occasional (up to 25%) travel may be required based on business need.