The Installation Support Specialist provides technical expertise for the complete
installation of all radiographic products sold by FMSU at customer sites in accordance
with QSR guidelines. Responsible for developing procedures and protocols aligned with
product manuals to maximize efficiency of the installation within maximum expected
timelines for each. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and
objectives. Normally receives minimal instruction in routine work, general instructions
on new products or assignments. Determines methods and procedures on new products,
and may provide guidance to other personnel. To meet the needs of our customers, work
outside normal business hours and holidays are required.
Duties and responsibilities
• Performs the installation of hardware and software of medical imaging systems, components and accessories to ensure conformance with appropriate market specifications. Identifies issues and communicates with the Product Support Specialist (PSS) or the Imaging System Project Manager (ISPM) to address incompatibilities/concerns. Makes recommendations for corrections or process changes.
• Must be open to travel to assignment locations across the country and can live anywhere in the country.
• Interfaces with internal and external customers in support of project coordination and to address any challenges/discrepancies that may arise during the installation process.
• Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
• Assists with technical training within the scope of an assigned product family, product or module which includes installation guidance.
• Assists in the investigation of product complaints dispositioned within the Quality Review Board (QRB) process.
• Maintains technical expertise on FMSU product offerings and stays abreast of current industry trends and future technology advancements through continuous education.
• Assesses new techniques and current work practices to reduce service costs and increase installation efficiency.
• Participates in customer pre-installation site visits, as necessary.
• Adheres to the Company’s quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all job duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Comply with all applicable U.S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) medical device regulatory requirements, applicable ISO 13485 standard requirements and all other applicable laws, regulations and standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or other related field with a minimum of 8 years technical related professional experience or comparable education and work experience.
• Creative, consultative, communicator with the ability to build relationships to support the evolving needs of customers, employees and the business.
• Experience with Case Management tracking tools.
• Strong working knowledge of current network technologies.
• Strong working knowledge of current IT technologies and common business productivity software, e.g., MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Visio, etc.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills, excellent telephone manner.
• Ability to achieve results and meet goals in a fast-paced, rapidly changing team environment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and virtualization technologies.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Travel requirements are up to 70% of the job performance.
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
• The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
• The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
• The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
• The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
• Close Vision: The ability to see clearly at twenty inches or less.