- Perform basic laboratory work in BSL 2 Laboratory.
- Perform cell culture and cell passage with minimal assistance.
- Perform with viral culture and characterization.
- Identify Laboratory Maintenance needs, and remedy in timely manner with minimal oversight (i.e. lab equipment).
- Responsible for keeping the lab organized, stocked and clean.
- Perform preparation of solutions and perform other lab duties related to methods development, as needed.
- Must follow good documentation practices and documentation of work according to FDBT standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Energetic and eager to expand current skills and acquire new skills
- Basic Laboratory skills, including sterile technique and basic analytical skills (SDS-PAGE, spectrometry, ELISA)
- Ability to perform at least three or more of the following: Demonstrable aseptic technique, cell counts and viability, pipetting, antibody based assays, DNA based assays, cell plating, viral infections, titration methods and/or experience with multiple BSL 2 cell lines.
- Basic Microscopy skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to learn and acquire new skills in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work assignments with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a manual pipette and other analytical equipment as well as office equipment (keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, etc.).
- Ability to Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, and gloves.
- Ability to work weekends and off-shift hours as needed to support FDBT activities.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field; OR
- Associate’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field with 2 years of relevant experience.
- Prior relevant lab experience
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.