The Senior Clinical Consultant (SCC) for Synapse has mastered technical skills and possesses the expert product knowledge required to mentor Clinical Consultants in clinical product optimization and the onsite and remote education of Physicians, IT/Clinical Systems Administrators, Technologists, Sonographers, and other Key Operators in the use of Fujifilm’s Medical Informatics and Modality Solutions. The SCC ensures customer satisfaction by properly managing customer expectations and driving improved product awareness and understanding. The SCC is the second level of local escalation for technical assessment, troubleshooting, image quality and workflow optimization, and further escalation where needed to ensure that product integrity and performance levels meet customer expectations. Additionally, the SCC supports all sales and field service efforts in high level strategic accounts by providing clinical consultation for developing and executing customized customer solutions, special projects, and equipment demonstrations.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Ensures that all customers are provided with high quality care and attention throughout the sales and service process, so that each customer is fully satisfied with the service and attention received from Fujifilm Medical Systems.
● Independently assesses the customer’s level of comprehension to facilitate effective on-site training and optimal product operation, utilizing validated applications, protocols, and processes.
● Provides clinical consultation and support to product development teams, product improvement teams, marketing, sales, quality assurance, regulatory affairs, external customers, and other functions or groups in the form of strategic clinical consultation.
● Provides expert level telephone and WEBEX clinical support for customers, sales, and field service via our ON-Call Technical Assistance Center (TAC).
● Leads Clinicians, System Administrators, Technologists, Sonographers, and other professional staff members in the proper and efficient operation of all FUJIFILM Synapse and/or Synapse 3D.
● Optimizes image quality of all FUJIFILM Medical imaging products including, but not limited to, film-screen, Digital Diagnostic Imaging, hard copy printers, and soft copy displays by designing and executing the best image processing strategy based on physician preferences and departmental needs.
● Interfaces directly with customers in senior level, as well as staff positions to appropriately assess and effectively communicate the customer’s experience to FMSU. These customer interfaces can be either via phone / email/conference calls that are led by the Senior Clinical Consultant, or in person at a customer site visit. Traveling to customer sites with or without the appropriate team members is an integral part the of the Senior Clinical Consultant role in demonstrating our commitment to the customer experience and quality of our products.
● Solicits feedback from Customers at regular and consistent intervals and escalates where appropriate any concerns or additional sales opportunities to, Sales, Field Service, Marketing, Engineering, and Product line management. Follows up with customers regarding issues identified via written and verbal communication.
● Makes appropriate contacts within FMSU and at the customer site to coordinate each customer visit and or conference call.
● Provides telephone support for customers, sales, and field service.
● Provides on-going support to resolve application related and image quality concerns on both a product and system level.
● Provides and maintain documentation to support customer visits and consultation.
● Provides additional education and consultation at a charge, contributing to Professional Services and Clinical Customer Support revenue goals.
● Works with FMSU team to gain customer acceptance of the FUJIFILM Medical Systems solution.
● Maintains technical expertise on all FMSU product offerings and is knowledgeable of current industry trends and future technology directions.
● Identifies opportunities to increase market share and growth by addressing the needs of our internal and external customers. Responds promptly to customer concerns, questions and inquires.
● Develops and monitors progress reports regarding service and improvements. Maintains effective communication with Field Service, Sales, and other members of the FMSU team to foster effective problem resolution.
● Maintains effective communications and working relationships with all departments within FMSU (Service, Engineering, Integration, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, etc). Participates with Sales and Marketing staffs to develop new products, services and sales/marketing strategies. Reports any internal/external information and activities that may impact on customer satisfaction and/or FMSU’s future business activities.
● Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
● Maintains a safe work environment. Takes corrective action, where appropriate
● Participates on various internal and external committees.
● Participates on performance improvement and strategic planning teams.
● Participates in professional organizations.
● Comply with all applicable U.S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) medical device regulatory requirements, applicable ISO 13485 standard requirements and all other applicable laws, regulations and standards.
● BA/BS or equivalent.
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
• The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
• The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
• The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
• The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
• Close Vision: The ability to see clearly at twenty inches or less.
Occasional (up to 70%) travel may be required based on business need.