- Assist with one or more of the following:
- Western Blotting
- Gel Electrophoresis
- Protein concentration determination by UV or use of protein quantitation reagents
- Routinely follow established analytical protocols and SOPs to produce highly reproducible results.
- Assist with preparations of buffer solutions and perform other lab duties related to methods development.
- Help collect and analyze data, summarize results and generate reports as needed.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook according to company guidelines.
- Work with samples under BSL-1 and BSL-2 guidelines
- Ensure lab is maintained (organized, clean, properly supplied) and order supplies as needed.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform one or more biochemical assays, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, HPLC, ELISA, molecular assays such as PCR.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate in writing and verbally with internal staff as well as clients.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Ability to sit for long periods to work on a computer.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a manual pipets and other analytical equipment is required.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, specialized clothing including laboratory scrubs (pants and shirt) and appropriate shoes required in most areas associated with this position.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other related field; OR
- Associate’s Degree preferably in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or other related field with 2 years’ experience.