Some of the responsibilities include
Infrastructure Operations and Planning
- Monitor emerging technologies, products, services, and other industry trends and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to develop a technological roadmap for IT infrastructure.
- Conduct long- and short-term financial forecasts, and prepare an annual IT infrastructure budget.
- Perform capacity planning to estimate existing and future requirements.
- Oversee IT infrastructure security measures.
- Monitor and manage infrastructure audits.
- Management of outsourced environments (e.g. - Help Desk, Co-location Data Center, etc.)
- Manage and support GSuite and fujifilm.com for all North America and all countries that have affiliations with US companies.
- Management for the backend of PCs throughout the US (e.g. – patching, data files, etc.)
- Management of SAP Basis team both outsourced and in house
- Work with business leaders to establish service-level agreements as they relate to IT infrastructure.
- Accountable for the development of disaster recovery plans.
- Oversee daily infrastructure maintenance and operations, ensuring timely resolution of incidents and requests.
- Direct the preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, review responses and negotiate vendor contracts.
- Ensure adherence to, policies, procedures and other documents for all IT infrastructure operations.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as established frameworks [e.g. GDPR, COBIT or ITIL].
Collaboration, Communication, and Relationship Management
- Participate in the development of a strategic IT plan in collaboration with the executive team and other IT leaders.
- Collaborate with project managers and other business partners to coordinate the execution of projects.
- Direct the preparation and ensure the timely distribution of all infrastructure-related communications to all stakeholders.
- Establish and cultivate strong business relationships with vendors and other external and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and not just manage personnel.
- Oversee staff scheduling and task delegation.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage across multiple time zones and regions
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and mentoring to managers.
- Encourage professional development through the availability of appropriate training opportunities within the department.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and training of new hires as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Science, or a related field.
- Minimum 10–15 years of broad IT infrastructure experience, with a minimum 7–10 years in a leadership or management role.
- Thorough understanding of current best practices and standards, including ITIL, JSOX, CFR 21 and GDPR.
- Thorough knowledge of current and emerging infrastructure technologies, including cloud based e-mail and storage, virtualization technology such as VMWare, network systems, SAP operations, Linux, AIX and Windows operating systems, VoIP technology, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Cisco and all its environments (e.g. – Firewalls, routing, switching, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in capacity planning, capacity management, and the development of disaster recovery plans.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn and understand applicable laws and regulations for full regulatory compliance.
- Strong project management experience.
- Show the ability for critical thinking and problem solving.
- Outstanding persuasion and negotiations skills.
- Ability to liaise with and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead others and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Able to travel 25-50% of the time.
- Previous experience in the consumer package goods or pharmaceutical industries desired, but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in a user-friendly way.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Sound judgement in high-pressure situations
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.