Responsible for the design and manufacture of custom ink jet printheads. Project leadership position requiring cross functional team management skills and ability to meet stringent technical design standards and documentation requirements. Provides mechanical design engineering direction to new product development. Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (i.e., dept/peer review).
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE : Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept/peer review). Level at which career may plateau.
JOB COMPLEXITY : Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
SUPERVISION : Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Project Lead).
EXPERIENCE : Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engineer the design and manufacture of custom ink jet printheads to new specifications.
- Mechanical design (CAD drawings, engineering analysis, and test plans) in the development of custom products.
- Participate in the product development cycle: market requirements, verification testing, specifications
- Responsible for the quality of products released to the field.
- Responsible for revision control, field upgrades, and compatibility requirements.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments, and may provide guidance to other personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience
- 8+ years of experience in the automotive, medical or precision components industry.
- Experience in the following areas; machining, hardware, tooling, process, etc.
- Practical experience in bringing products through the design cycle. This should include: generation of design, prototyping, debug, manufacture, technical support and maintenance.
- High level of creativity.
- 3D CAD experience, Autocad, Solidworks or equivalent 3d modeling system
- GD&T experience.
- Competent in DFM methods.
- Advanced problem-solving skills utilizing science and engineering to arrive at practical solutions.
- Ability to reason in “real time”.
- Multi-tasking ability on multiple projects, with teams and across functional departments.
- Participates and demonstrates good leadership skills in a team environment.
- Possess the aptitude and patience in mentoring junior engineers.
- Advanced communication skills (peer/technical)
- Demonstrated experience using statistics and statistical tools (Minitab)
- Good practical work knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in order to effectively present information to peers, subordinates, customers and management.
- Must have the ability to project a positive, professional and customer responsible image depending on environmental conditions.
- Must possess the ability to make high risk decisions based on cost, quality, design or schedule.
- Ability to manage through the design process with vendors to ensure there is an understanding by the design team what the assembly costs are (design and product cost).
- Demonstrates clear and precise project planning that delivers to milestones using detailed design tasks, proper resource allocation, process flow diagrams and procurement interaction.
- Experience in manufacturing or clean room protocol.
- Inkjet experience.
- Knowledgeable in areas related to printing and print systems, including mechanical transport and fluid handling systems, electronic packaging, enclosures, and regulatory requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work long hours sporadically in order to meet group goals
- Occasional travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment. Dress as appropriate, business-casual is the “default”.
- Works in manufacturing and clean room environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FUJIFILM Dimatix is an E-Verify Employer