Designs and analyzes mechanical systems as well as test and assembly equipment in direct support of company manufacturing objectives. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs in direct support of the company’s manufacturing, test and reliability requirements. Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication. Provides detailed design input requirements and other pertinent information to peers and subordinate engineers to affect a successful design and testing effort for equipment and processes deployed to the manufacturing floor. Uses statistical analysis techniques such as advanced mathematics to define system input requirements and measure design effectiveness.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the design and manufacture of custom ink jet printheads.
- Provides mechanical designs (CAD drawings, engineering analysis) in the development of custom products.
- May plan, design and implement new test procedures and specify test equipment, methods and work flows. Estimates capacity; maximizes asset utilization. Manages data acquisition, , and reports results.
- Expert in data analysis and problem solving using Six Sigma tools, DMAIC processes and statistics to measure and report key parameter capabilities in terms of Cp/Cpk, Gauge RR, Systems biases and other.
- Seeks out opportunities to improve processes in both short and long term. Takes ownership of test efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides clear and concise documentation of test processes, experimentation and system design. Conduct design reviews and accepts input from all sources when determining critical design or system requirements or procedures. May train technicians to new and revised procedures.
- Use Excel, VBA and statistics in analysis, MINITAB or other and correlation of data.
- Write and present reports to engineering teams and management.
- Organize and catalog test result data for future reference.
- Test equipment design, building, and implementation.
- Coordinate the efforts of others, peers and junior engineers, to meet schedule and project goals..
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.3D CAD experience, AutoCAD, Solidworks or equivalent 3D modeling system.
- GD&T experience
- High level of creativity
- Familiarity with DFM
- Problem-solving skills utilizing science and engineering to arrive at practical solutions.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of mechanical assembly methods, machine design requirements, process tooling design plus the ability to select the proper test equipment based on experiments.
- Ability to work and multi-task across several functional departments or across multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience using statistics and statistical tools (Minitab). Familiarity with statistical methods.
- Demonstrates efficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products (03/07)
- Comprehensive written, verbal and presentation skills, in order to effectively present information to peers, project teams and management
- Must be a self motivated starter with the ability to work in a team structured environment.
- Eager to work in a fast paced hands-on environment.
- Willingness to be mentored by senior engineers
- Database, VBA experience.
- Inkjet experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment. Dress as appropriate, business-casual is the “default”.
- Works in manufacturing and clean room environment
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FUJIFILM Dimatix is an E-Verify Employer