Duties and responsibilities
- Performs diagnostic troubleshooting on the telephone with FMSU customers and employees and in the process of the call will screen the service being performed for complaints, MDR’s, and NCR’s in accordance to company policy. If a complaint, NCR, or MDR is detected, will use the corporate systems to document the issue.
- Assesses product issues in the field, operates required test equipment and provides solutions for repairs.
- Performs trouble-shooting, diagnostic evaluations and routine inspections on Company equipment and components.
- Performs installations, maintenance and repairs on Company products at assigned customer sites in accordance with established quality and regulatory compliance requirements, when requested.
- Utilizes the Astea and/or AS400 service database to open service calls. Closes all open service calls in Astea the same day unless related to an NCR or a Complaint in CAPA System.
- Investigates and closes complaints in accordance with the Company's quality standards.
- Processes returns and warranty claims.
- Participates in continuous education and internal technical training program.
- Assists in developing trouble-shooting guides, bulletins, software files and flash reports on existing products and distributes them to affected parties in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Works with other service personnel for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures resulting in increased customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to the Company's quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all job duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Stays abreast of the latest industry/technology advances through continuous education.
- Maintains a travel schedule that is consistent with the requirements of the position; adjusts work schedules to meet customer demands; participates in after hour’s service and travel, as necessary.
- Performs other duties or tasks as may be assigned by management.
Participates in training programs sponsored by the Company and/or other outside training institutions in order acquire the requisite skills necessary to perform the primary job duties and responsibilities inherent in the position. It is expected that all employees will obtain the following professional certifications within 18 months following their appointment to this position:
- MCSE or equivalent Certification
- OEM Computer Hardware (Compaq/HP/Dell);
- Completion of product specific FUJIFILM Certification Training.
The individual will have at least five (5) years of experience in the support of medical imaging devices or medical informatics’ systems in addition to the certification or completed training requirements listed above.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in related field.
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
- The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
- The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day, up to 4 hours at a time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to reach above their head to work on equipment that is on a desk, on the floor, or mounted to the ceiling, must also be comfortable on ladders.
Ability to use hands to type and have the manual dexterity to manipulate hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches etc.
Occasional (up to 25%) travel may be required based on business need.