As a Senior User Experience Lead in Fujifilm’s SSD development team, you will lead a team of user interaction and graphic designers towards a goal of creating world class web, mobile and desktop user experiences in support of the Imaging Division’s goals.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with software roadmap planners to transform product visions into beautiful, elegant experiences
- Ensure a consistent User Experience and User Interface not only within a single application but across inter-related applications (graphical elements, interaction models, text/titles) while also maintaining consistency with the user’s expectation based on platform (mobile: Android vs. iOS, desktop: touch-screen vs. Keyboard + Mouse)
- Work with product management, customers, and system analysts to determine requirements, articulate user needs, and translate those needs into concepts and elegant interface designs
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
- Design application user interfaces (including information architecture and interaction design)
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders
- Evaluate existing user experiences and identifying areas for improvement
- Participate in user testing sessions and interviewing customers with relevant skills and responsibilities
- Meet with business clients and developers to collect requirements and verify design feasibility
- Research UI design and development techniques to find innovative and elegant solutions to complex UI problems
- Mentor and guide other UX and Graphic designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the product as appropriate
- Produce design documents that explain your design to clients and developers
- Create UI resources such as flows, wireframes, simple visuals, audio, video, and help documentation
- Test application UIs to ensure proper implementation, and filing bugs to track problems/discrepancies
- Provide accurate estimates and deliver work output according to agreed upon timelines
You are responsible for the following supervisory responsibilities:
- Provides clear objectives and work assignments for the team.
- Monitors and tracks employee performance and provides regular and timely feedback.
- Identifies training and growth opportunities to advance the individual team member
- Accomplishes staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; conducting training; implementing enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards; adhering to legal regulations.
- Effectively manages team deliverables by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, etc..
- Contributes to team effort by performing UI/UX related responsibilities as needed.
- BS or MS in in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related field or equivalent work experience in User Experience, Information Architecture or Interaction Design
- Minimum of 5 years of user experience design experience for software and web applications that leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- 5+ years of design experience for iOS and Android devices.
- 2+ years of team lead or team manager experience.
- Expert understanding of information architecture, workflows, concept development and interaction design
- Fluent in creating information architecture documentation including sitemaps, user flow diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Expert-level understanding of user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- Applied facilitation, brainstorming and collaboration exercise skills.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of common software development practices.
- Experience in working with developers in both a waterfall and agile methodology
- Experience in user research and usability testing
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- HTML and CSS knowledge, current on latest responsive design techniques
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Experience with applications deployed into the photo industry
- Experience with business-to-consumer applications with an e-commerce component
- Experience conduction user testing and/or analytical research
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.