FUJIFILM Manufacturing U.S.A., Inc., located in Greenwood, SC, plays a key role in the company's strategic vision by serving customers throughout the United States, Canada, and over 40 other countries worldwide. The complex boasts five state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities producing QuickSnap recyclable cameras, ink jet and traditional photographic paper, personalized photo prints and gifts, and digital printing plates for the Graphic Arts Industry.
Fujifilm strives to offer a healthy work environment that promotes individual responsibility and growth, a collaborative spirit, and an atmosphere that encourages learning, professional development and achievement. Performance, development and accountability are the standards to which the company and its people strive toward.
We search for the most talented and qualified people. And to support our employees, we offer programs that motivate, educate and promote a healthy work-life balance, which increase employee satisfaction and overall personal well-being.
At Fujifilm, INNOVATIONS and PEOPLE matter.
FUJIFILM Manufacturing is an EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled
We are currently recruiting for a mid to senior level Chemical Engineer (TE) to join our team. This position reports to the Manager of Fujifilm’s Technical Engineering Department in the Graphics Arts Product Division. Fujifilm’s TE department provides technical process engineering support, analysis, raw material support and qualifications, new product testing and qualification, equipment review and improvements, and troubleshooting to the PS-Plate Plant Manufacturing Operations. Engineers in this position will support manufacturing in each of these functions through interaction with multiple departments.
Our ideal candidate will have first-hand experience researching, developing, designing and testing chemical processes, equipment, and systems by applying principles and techniques of chemical engineering. This person will also provide process and engineering support to production plans including: evaluating and introducing new technology, methods or processes, developing and integrating innovative ideas to improve chemical manufacturing operations, implementing capacity increases, and assisting production plants with short and long term problem solving. In addition, this person will work with raw materials to improve performance, lower cost, solve problems and resolve supplier issues.
For those with more experience, there will be an opportunity to manage project schedules and budgets while meeting and validating process requirements. Also, they will be able to plan and conduct work requiring independent evaluation, selection, adaptation, and modification of complex techniques, procedures, equipment, and processes. Projects will vary in scope from small projects to site wide operations. This person will work with hazardous waste ensuring that appropriate labels, storage, and transportation procedures are followed by themselves and contractors.
Ranging from BS degree in Chemical Engineering to Master Degree in Chemical Engineering or related degree or equivalent experience dependent on level.
Ranging from recent college graduate to 15 plus experience working in a production operations environment, dependent upon level.
SPECIFIC SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
• Demonstrates ability to effectively use verbal, written and listening communication skills with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Demonstrates ability to meet multiple deadlines in a timely manner (time management and stress)
• Demonstrates adaptability and willingness to learn in a changing technological environment
• Demonstrates attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information
• Demonstrates professionalism (e.g., cooperation, courtesy, assertiveness, non-defensiveness and accepting of constructive feedback)
• Effectively communicates technical information and complex ideas
• Works independently in assigned areas of responsibility and demonstrates effective problem solving and decision making skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Equipment Modification – Modify or change equipment used either directly or indirectly in the manufacturing process. Provides technical assistance to other departments who may also lead related projects. 2. Raw materials – Qualifies additional suppliers, test and implement supplier factor changes, and resolve quality and other raw material issues.
3. Yield, Downtime, A-rank, Safety – Works on projects and other activities to improve plant performance issues.
4. Effectively works with others within the team to achieve team goals. Effectively communicates with co-workers and supervisor. Performs all additional duties as assigned by supervisor. Follows Fujifilm’s Employee Code of Conduct Policy and maintains and adheres to Fujifilm Safety Policies and Procedures.