Designs and analyzes mechanical systems, equipment and packaging. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication. Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
Assists in the design of MEMS-based inkjet printhead products and related systems, including associated manufacturing processes. Activities will include electro-mechanical design of new inkjet printhead designs and printing systems as well as manufacturing process and tooling support. Scope of activities will range from initial concept through volume production, working both independently and with a variety of groups.
KNOWLEDGE: Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept/peer review).
JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
SUPERVISION: Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Conceptualize, present, and iterate design concepts at a variety of different degrees of formality.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Responsible for static, dynamic design and analysis to candidate designs.
- Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs
- Displays full competency in the use of 3D CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred) to create innovative designs and documentation.
- Work with outside vendors to procure and fabricate components.
- Be familiar with instrumentation, such as accelerometers, laser displacement sensors, oscilloscopes, etc., used to measure and analyze performance of parts and systems.
- Use Excel or other analysis software to organize data and draw conclusions.
- Create documentation and presentations to communicate designs and analysis to others.
- Work in cooperation with other individuals and groups on a regular basis.
- Routinely work on multiple concurrent projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience in Product, tooling and/or machine design.
- Ability to analyze needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Experience in bringing products through the design cycle, including generation of design, prototyping, debug and manufacturing.
- Solid understanding of 3D CAD experience, SolidWorks preferred.
- Good analytical abilities, including high level math, statistics and computer aided analysis.
- Complex problem-solving skills utilizing science and engineering education to arrive at practical solutions.
- Critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to the problem
- Ability to work cooperatively with others on a regular basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Self-motivated, good planning skills, detail oriented.
- Ability to participate, lead, mentor in a team environment
- Ability to work individually as well as interact with vendors, customers, and other engineers and ability to work across several functional departments
- Advanced degree.
- Experience in the inkjet printer industry.
- Experience with PDMWorks.
- Experience with clean room protocol.
- Experience MEMS fabrication.
- Experience with Excel VBA .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work long hours as required.
- Standing, walking, using hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear under one-third of the time.
- Sitting one-third to two-thirds of the time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in wafer fabrication and clean room environment, requiring clean room gowning (smock, hood, gloves, booties, etc.)
- Exposure to stored energy hazards (electricity, compressed gases, etc.)
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Works in a facility that houses hazardous chemicals
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fujifilm Dimatix is an E-Verify Employer