Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Responsible for leadership and overall quality program to meet customer needs.
- Provides overall management and strategic direction of the quality assurance team in North Kingstown.
- Develops, promotes, implements, and directs the management and full integration of a QMS.
- Serves as a quality assurance resource for problem identification, resolution, and continuous improvement within the North Kingstown site.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Translates quality requirements into a quality program by designing and implementing procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Establishes and implements consistent metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness to enable managers to make sound quality decisions that will be practiced across product lines.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establishes a consistent method for collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality within FEUS.
- Analyzes customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Monitors vendor quality performance and works with Supply Chain management to drive vendor quality improvements through leveraging supplier quality engineering.
- Reviews customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensures that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establishes feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Reports quality issues, trends and losses to Operations Director and other senior management.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Drives Quality Incident free culture within FEUS, supplier quality and metrology, excursion reduction, change control and management processes.
- Interfaces with suppliers and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective actions are implemented.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related scientific discipline, Masters’ degree in Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience and demonstrated competence in QA system implementation and management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the chemical manufacturing or semiconductor supplier industry dealing directly with semiconductor companies is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ recent experience in hands on manufacturing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and direct QA department personnel and to plan and direct medium to large scale projects. Must have a minimum of 5 years’ progressive management experience with a proven track record.
- Demonstrated competence in related manufacturing protocols and QA procedures.
- Strong knowledge of statistical process control systems.
- Strong business acumen and interaction with sales and marketing to exceed customer expectations with proven track record of business performance improvement.
- Ability to learn quickly and lead others by example.
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Discipline to develop and consistently manage their organization by objectives.
- Oral and written communication skills must be at a level appropriate for effective in-house communications and customer contact.
- Results oriented; analytical ability and strong problem-solving skills required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Diverse knowledge of change control, inspection methods, techniques, and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong computer skills including quality control applications and JMP software.
- Thorough understanding of general safety requirements.
- Available to travel as needed up to 10% of time.
MENTAL & EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Resilience - Adapting well in the face of workplace stressors, the ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and conflict situations, the ability to remain poised under all circumstances, the ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual.
- Communication - The ability to successfully and professionally express and exchange ideas and meanings with all levels of employees in the organization, the ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including customers/clients, the ability to work as an integral part of a team, ability to interact effectively with people in a positive manner that engenders confidence and trust.
- Reasoning and decision-making - The ability to understand, remember and follow verbal and written instructions, the ability to reason logically and make sound decisions.
- Comprehension - The ability to complete tasks without direct supervision, the ability to simultaneously address multiple complete problems.
- Organizational skills - Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, the ability to work and sustain attention with distractions and interruptions, the ability to perform in situations requiring speed, deadlines or productivity quotas.
FUJIFILM Electronics Materials, U.S.A., Inc., is part of the Fujifilm family – a company that has been evolving and transforming for more than 85 years. Fujifilm is focused on four strategic business areas: Advanced Materials, including electronic materials for semiconductor manufacturing; Imaging; Healthcare; and products and services to support Business Innovation. As a global company, Fujifilm has revenues of $21 billion, with 310 group companies and 73,275 employees worldwide.
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials, U.S.A., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Fujifilm about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Fujifilm via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Fujifilm, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Fujifilm for this requisition and a valid agreement with Fujifilm is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Fujifilm agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.