This position will play a key role in improving manufacturing capabilities in expanding MEMS-based inkjet printhead assembly operation. Working with Process and Equipment engineers you will drive general improvement to manufacturing processes to improve yield, output, cost and safety. Specific area of focus will be Assembly equipment working with process engineers and design team. Assists in the design of MEMS-based inkjet print head manufacturing products and related systems, including associated manufacturing processes. Activities will include electro-mechanical design of new inkjet print head equipment manufacturing designs and print testing systems as well as manufacturing process and tooling support.
Scope of activities will range from initial concept through volume production, working both independently and with a variety of groups. Collaborate with maintenance team on training effectiveness, spare parts management and design weaknesses. Act as lead for new tool installs and qualification, securing necessary internal and external resources to drive projects to completion. Using expert tool knowledge, selects, installs, modifies, upgrades and maintains equipment most appropriate and cost effective for manufacturing operations. Establishes programs and solutions for improving tool reliability and process optimization.
Knowledge: Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company
objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such technical
committee review exist at this level.
Job Complexity: Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation
of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
Supervision: Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May
supervise the activities of others.
Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years
and a Master’s degree; or PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Partner with Process and Equipment engineers in setting technical direction with respect to toolset and process technology.
- Facilitate problem solving and brainstorming activities, and participates in and supports cross-functional teams.
- Act as lead for tool installs and qualification, securing necessary internal and external resources to drive projects to completion.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs
- Work closely with development engineering and manufacturing to drive process improvements for Manufacturing Operations for improvement in yield, output, cost and safety.
- Use expert tool knowledge to select, install, modify, upgrade, and maintain manufacturing equipment.
- Specify system components or direct modification of manufacturing products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Lead activities to develop/improve existing equipment maintenance procedures and systems.
- Analyzing and resolve recurring maintenance problems and equipment failures and/or deficiencies to identify failure patterns and equipment design or reliability problems.
- Perform technical servicing of production and support equipment.
- Collect equipment-specific performance data and implement solutions to equipment-specific issues.
- Employ an extensive technical knowledge of more than one area of engineering (design, controls, systems, project) in complex process characterization, optimization, scale-up or manufacturing support projects.
- Participate with manufacturing, process development, facilities, quality assurance in developing requirements and recommendations for system modifications.
- Identify deficiency and suggest and/or implement permanent solutions to equipment issues.
- Lead in analyzing and resolving equipment-related failures.
- Provide technical equipment-specific training to technicians.
- Interface and direct vendor support to resolve equipment related failures.
- Perform diagnostic trouble shooting and repair on malfunctioning equipment to component level.
- Interface with process engineering as required to drive continuous improvement.
- Perform process and yield investigations related to equipment performance.
- Review and estimate design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation and other related costs.
- Develop criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes.
- Trained in proper handling of chemicals and hazardous waste.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience.
- 12 or more years of related experience.
- Strong Mechanical and Electronics skills
- Knowledge of computer and PLC based automation, robotics, and motion control systems.
- Software skills needed for troubleshooting.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and repair complex machinery.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work across many functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals within and outside the organization.
- Must have ability to project a positive, professional and customer-responsive image.
- Must have excellent trouble shooting and debugging skills
- Resourceful in unfamiliar environments and situations.
- Organizational skills to track and coordinate multiple concurrent projects
- Proven ability to leverage and delegate responsibility when managing capable professionals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work long hours sporadically in order to meet group goals.
- Travel occasionally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clean room environment – must be able to wear full clean room garments.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to stored energy hazards (electricity, compressed gases, etc.)
- Works in a facility that houses hazardous chemicals.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic
Equal Opportunity Employer