The Production Lead is responsible for assisting the Manufacturing Supervisor coordinate manufacturing operations to meet and exceed quality requirements, customer service expectations and financial commitments. The Production Lead is expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while embodying the company values of respect for the individual, integrity, trust, credibility and a focus on continuous improvement. This position is a “working” position, in which the individual will coordinate the activities of others while assisting in the day-to-day operations. This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Certain jobs may require experience not specifically stated in this document and will be administered by the Manufacturing Manager and/or Manufacturing Supervisor. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
Typically requires a minimum of 6+ years of related experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and disseminated through each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the use of company assets such as equipment, tooling, email, and internet usage.
- Strongly upholds the company’s goals of improving the work place by insuring compliance to all safety, health and environmental requirements and promotes involvement in improvement initiatives.
- Actively enforces Dimatix’s safety rules, utilizes PPE and works to correct safety and environmental standards.
- Performs day to day manufacturing (operations) duties by performing a variety of semi-repetitive operations to assemble precision electromechanical products where methods and sequence of assembly are described by detailed written instructions and/or verbal instructions.
- Schedule daily work tasks to production employees to achieve daily/weekly/monthly build plan. Monitor their activities and provide adequate feedback.
- Support and administer the training program, insuring training is being performed properly and guidelines are being followed.
- Demonstrate equipment operation, work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Read and analyze charts, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confer with other supervisors and leads to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Providing guidance and direction to coworkers, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work and the work of coworkers.
- Regularly communicates progress to all coworkers.
- Ensures compliance to all guidelines, standards, procedures and work rules. Helps communicate performance and conduct expectations.
- Assists in the formal assessment of performance by offering input into periodic performance reviews. Assists coworkers in developing skills and correcting performance issues. Helps the Production Supervisor make effective use of the company’s disciplinary procedure when required.
- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks by encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Participates, but is not responsible for, the handling of complaints, settling of disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Confer with Supervisor and coworkers to help the Supervisor resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to production and personnel problems.
- Performs various administrative tasks such as completing reports, approving time sheets, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be trained in all aspects of gowning and/or clean room protocol.
- Write draft performance appraisals for their subordinates and work with their supervisor to deliver the performance review.
- Assign daily work tasks to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance to achieve yield, output, and schedule adherence targets.
- Insure subordinates are working in a safe manner, following all area protocols, and building product to the documented processes.
- Insure subordinates are adhering to company policy and report all infractions to management
- Review and approve subordinate timesheets.
- Resolve conflict (with Supervisor as required) in a timely manner
- May participate in hiring/introduction of new personnel
- Support over time supervision requirements when necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Typically requires a minimum of 6+ years of related experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Ability to work as a member and/or lead of a team, as well as individually.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Reliable, responsible, dependable, and able to fulfill obligations.
- A consistent, positive attitude.
- Consistently on time to work and other work related commitments.
- Must be capable of helping administer policies in an equitable fashion.
- The ability to perform Assembly functions and train as required.
- Displays some coaching skills.
- Able to use SAP to look up BOMs and Where Used for specific items.
- Understands and uses departmental email systems (ETS, Facilities, IT, Etc,) in the appropriate manner.
- Understands PCA, SHaG, Doc-search and SBR systems.
- Must be proficient in the use of the company MSDS system.
- Must know how to use electronic time recording systems, charge time to the correct account, and submit completed timesheet on time.
- Understands and can explain the material control system and product serialization strategies in primary work areas.
- Able to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- A willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Able to maintain composure, keeping emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Able to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Must be honest and ethical.
- Open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- 3 or more years of manufacturing experience, previous supervisory experience a plus.
- General computer skills, ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
- Ability to effectively collect data in both written and electronic formats.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be capable of performing all jobs in the manufacturing areas.
- Most of the time the job will be performed while standing.
- Must be able to move around on the manufacturing floor.
- Position requires a high degree of manual dexterity
- Must be able to wear protective gloves
- Must be able to work with microscopes
- Must be able to listen to verbal instructions and work from written instruction.
- Must be able to lift between 10 and 25 pounds without assistance.
- Position requires ability to work at close vision (20 inches or less) and must have the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to identify and distinguish colors
- Must have the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job may require the Production Lead to be performing job functions in an office environment, a light industrial setting, and a clean room manufacturing environment.
- Clean room environment – must be able to wear all clean room garments.
- Moderate noise level (manufacturing equipment, printers, computers, conversation)
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FUJIFILM Dimatix is an E-Verify Employer