Candidate must reside in Charlotte, NC or within a 50 mile radius.
Job Title: Imaging Service Engineer I
An Imaging Service Engineer I is responsible for performing scheduled service work on systems within a service area, and some unscheduled work in the service area with the assistance of technical support, as directed by the Area Service Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
- Performs preventative maintenance as directed.
- Performs unscheduled maintenance work with the assistance of technical support.
- Is able to work independently on preventative maintenance work, but typically requires assistance on unscheduled maintenance work.
- Performs installations and de-installations of products and a wide variety of peripheral equipment as directed with some assistance.
- Must maintain excellent working relations with field personnel, home office personnel, and management.
- Must maintain timely and effective communications with management team to escalate issues and customer concerns. Performs the administrative duties associated with the job, including electronic expense reports, weekly timecards, electronic reporting functions such as work orders, service appointments, start times, parts inventory, consumption and returns, assigned computer-based training, and QA/RA work.
- Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service orders and internal service records per Fujifilm policies.
- Maintain daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving.
- Ensures that all administrative duties and paperwork are completed neatly, accurately, and submitted promptly.
- Must be prepared to work odd hours and overtime hours on occasion and travel as required.
- Responsible for maintaining exceptional customer relations.
- Responsible for maintenance of assigned tools/test equipment and spare parts.
- Responsible to return parts in the required time frame.
- Responsible to promote, both internal to the company and externally, the image and reputation of HCUS.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Area Service Manager.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) medical device regulatory requirements, applicable ISO 13485 standard requirements and all other applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
- Associates degree in electrical engineering, electronics or computer science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum one year of previous field service experience.
- Knowledge of assigned equipment to provide timely repair and effective maintenance.
- Requires active listening skills and above average customer service skills.
- Requires sound organization and administrative skills, self-starter a must along with ability to maintain paperwork to FDA and company required standards.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Capable of operating test equipment related to job (oscilloscope, meter, and diagnostic testers, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
This position typically works in usual medical, clinical working environments, including sites under construction.
The position may require the ability to physically work in high magnetic fields of up to 3 Tesla, which could dangerously affect any implanted medical devices made of ferrous material, potentially causing serious injury and/or death.
- This activity occurs frequently and prolonged/repetitively.
- This activity occurs frequently and prolonged/repetitively. Including when driving to customer sites and/or flying.
- This activity occurs infrequently and periodic with light hand tools, a tool bag, cabinet covers weighing from 1-20 lbs., diagnostic test equipment which weighs from 5-60 lbs., fluid testing container weighing 30 lbs., and replacement components which may weigh from 1-40 lbs.
- This activity occurs rarely and periodic. It occurs primarily with the pushing of the 1000 lbs. patient tables and 600-6000 lbs. MRI cabinets. There is an estimated manual force to overcome inertia of 30 lbs. Pushing distances are typically 1 inch to 18 inches.
- This activity occurs occasionally and period/prolonged in the low back. It occurs with a variety of the tasks.
- This activity occurs rarely and periodic above the shoulders when the worker must access components and cupboards that are on top of the 6-foot-high MRI machine. This activity occurs occasionally and periodic below shoulder level with a variety of tasks.
- This activity occurs occasionally and periodic/prolonged. It occurs primarily in the wiring process as well as accessing the lower panels of the MRI machine.
- This activity occurs rarely and periodic when the worker must climb up to 3 steps of a 6-foot ladder to access the upper access panels of the MRI machine in order to perform diagnostic testing.
- This activity occurs rarely and periodic and occurs when the worker is standing on the ladder as mentioned above.
- This activity occurs rarely and periodic in the low back. It may occur with some of the tasks performed.
- Must have valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be reliable and able to work independently.
- Must project a professional image.
- Up to 100% based on business needs. May include overnight and air travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
In the event that COVID-19 vaccine mandates issued by the federal government, or by state or local government become effective and enforceable, the Company will require that the successful candidate hired for positions covered under relevant government vaccine mandate(s) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For all positions, the Company encourages vaccination against COVID-19 and requires that the successful candidate hired be willing to test for the COVID-19 virus periodically and wear a face covering indoors absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption.