Building basic test setups for evaluating printhead jetting performance under the direction of lab staff. Documenting standard processes and procedures for testing industrial ink jet printheads, forming a basis for training additional personnel in the methods of ink testing. Using a digital camera to document industrial processes and subsequently incorporating those into well-organized and well-written test procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for following the execution of ink testing work in the lab.
- Follow pre-established structure of test templates and routines to manage data acquisition.
- Performs analysis and communicates these results.
- Seeks out opportunities to improve processes in both short and long term. Takes ownership of test efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides clear and concise documentation of test processes. Accepts input from all sources when determining procedures
- Organizing and cataloging test result data for future reference.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS software to use for reports and communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and very well organized
- Advanced problem-solving skills utilizing science and engineering education to arrive at practical solutions.
- Ability to work individually and comfortable working alongside a variety of company personnel, including technicians and managers.
- A strong interest and desire to work in a hands-on laboratory environment
- Course of studies with an interest in high-technology manufacturing, engineering, and product development, for a summer internship opportunity in the Printhead Test Lab.
- The ideal candidate for this position will be a hands-on, detail-oriented individual pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or a similar physical science with solid technical writing ability, mechanical aptitude including basic mechanism assembly and disassembly and the use of hand tools, and a thorough knowledge of data processing and manipulation using Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of MS Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most of the time the job will be performed while standing.
- Must be able to move around on the manufacturing floor.
- Position requires a high degree of manual dexterity
- Must be able to listen to verbal instructions and work from written instruction.
- Must be able to lift between 10 and 25 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to identify and distinguish colors
- Must have the ability to judge distances and spatial relationshipsWORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a very clean environment, requiring use of smock and safety glasses.
- Moderate noise level (printers, computers, moderate traffic, conversation)OTHER:
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer