Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
Contracting and Management
- Maintain FMSU contractual compliance with regards to pricing, payment terms, delivery and installation of products provided by FMSU to the federal government and escalates any non-compliance.
- Serve as the point of contact for all internal and external customers on pricing, compliance and other contractual matters, to include, providing guidance on contract matters to project managers and other operational staff with respect to delivery orders. As well as, serve as a liaison between internal and external parties during contract development and negotiation stages.
- Establish and maintain excellent internal and external customer relations at all levels of the organization, acting as liaison with customers’ contract officer for all proposal or contract matters by communicating status frequently and resolving open contract matters quickly.
- Maintain records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, price book changes, government bids, etc.
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoice, acceptance documentation and close out of orders) and communication with the respective government bodies.
- Maintain, update and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company and government policy, while ensuring annual requirement for reporting and successful renewal or extension of all federal contracts are met.
- Responsible for coordinating effort for government contract renewals, finalize contract documentation to ensure consistency with the solicitation, proposal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationship and leverage knowledge of federal procurement processes of federal agencies, primarily the Department of Defense and the Veterans Administration, as well as other federal agencies that have interest in procurement of FMSU product and services.
- Coordinate and manage all internal and external audits; including any visits from various Federal and Justice Organizations (OIG).
- Manage Federal and Military Vendor Registration process.
Cross Functional Team Collaboration
- Establish and maintain working rapport with FMSU Government Business team members as well as technical procurement specialists within the federal agencies with whom FMSU engages in business, including Department of Defense medical logistics agencies, troop support entities and the VA National Acquisition Center.
- Support Product Management/Marketing to ensure company products and services are offered with appropriate/competitive terms, pricing and value adds to ensure Favored Nations status remains intact.
- Ensure Government team members providing timely support to RFP team by reviewing the solicitation, identifying questions, concerns or ambiguities and taking appropriate action.
- Participate with Government Sales, Operations and Management in the development of bid strategies and coordinate efforts to support winning proposals, as well as provide all necessary bid documentation including proposals and volume offers.
- Monitor government contract and federal mandate changes and, as appropriate, contribute to discussions regarding how government requirements may impact company polices.
- Develop and maintain appropriate channel relationships to distribute products amenable to this form of distribution within the federal space. This includes forging profitable relationships with authorized dealers working in the federal space as well as Federal Supply Schedule and GSA schedule holders.
- BA/BS, 5+ years’ contract administration experience required. Experience with federal contract administration, including VA NAC and/or Department of Defense (DLA) preferred.
- Maintain the ability to obtain a security clearance. US Citizenship is required
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail and ability to perform effectively within aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and create business impact
- Strong customer orientation
- Strong communication skills to include effective written, listening and interpersonal skills, approachability, and ability to build and maintain internal/external relationships
- Proficient in the use of SalesForce.com and SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to recognize, interpret and apply applicable regulations to resolve complex issues
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate, nor allow any employee, customer, contractor, vendor or visitor to discriminate, against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, military status (including disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans and Armed Forces service medal veterans), protected activity (such as opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in proceedings covered by anti-discrimination statutes) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.