The Production Technician I performs a variety of repetitive operations to assemble precision, electromechanical products or mechanical subassemblies where methods and sequence of assembly are clearly written and described. In addition, this position completes routine tasks in preparation for assembly such as cutting wire to specified size; stripping, tinning or bending wire parts, wiring and fastening terminal connections.
Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment. Has little or no role in decision-making.
Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments. .Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Works under close supervision.
Typically requires a minimum of 0 - 1 year of related experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assemble and/or install various components where operation and sequence are specified by practices or documentation
- Use small hand tools such as soldering irons, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches screwdrivers and pliers as well as various common hand tools and power assisted assembly tools.
- Operate automatic and semiautomatic assembly equipment, as well as basic test equipment.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Identify and select components to be integrated into subassembly and assembly units.
- Follow process documentation.
- Must follow all safety procedures.
- Individuals may be required to work in any of the disciplines indentified in the job description supplement (certain jobs require additional experience or certifications).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school degree or equivalent and 0-1 year of related experience.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Ability to work OT
- Must be able to work with a team, as well as independently
- Past manufacturing experience.
- Basic computer skills including the use of standard office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Most of the time the job will be performed while standing.
- Must be able to move around on the manufacturing floor.
- Position requires a high degree of manual dexterity
- Must be able to wear protective gloves
- Must be able to work with microscopes
- Must be able to work from verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to lift between 10 and 25 pounds without assistance.
- Position requires ability to work at close vision (20 inches or less) and must have the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to identify and distinguish colors
- Must have the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a very clean environment, requiring use of smock and safety glasses.
- Moderate noise level (printers, computers, moderate traffic, conversation)
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
FUJIFILM Dimatix is an E-Verify Employer