The Production Technician III position is the highest title in the Production Technician job description family and will be awarded to those technicians that possess high levels of skill, ability and knowledge. The Production Technician III is expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while embodying the company values of respect for the individual, integrity, trust, credibility and a focus on continuous improvement. The Production Technician III is expected to work to the highest quality standards while demonstrating the ability to work at a sufficient pace. The Production Technician III must be a respected member of the production staff and be willing to be sought out by various members of the organization as the go to person for information on areas they are certified in. This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Certain jobs may require experience not specifically stated in this document and will be administered by the Manufacturing/Production Supervisor. Other duties may be assigned as necessary. The Production Technician III must meet the requirements of a Production Technician II and will be certified and proficient in all areas of their respective work area (exclusive of the clean room).
Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Typically requires a minimum of 2-4 years of related experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and disseminated through each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the use of company assets such as email, internet usage, etc.
- Must follow all safety protocols and is responsible for notifying those not following the safety protocol in the area in which they are working.
- Must know emergency protocols, exits, and rally points.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customer’s requirements. The Production Technician III is also expected to provide ideas for improvement on these controls.
- Maintains cleanliness level of work area, tooling, fixturing, etc. on a continuous basis.
- Performs a variety of semi-repetitive operations to assemble precision electromechanical products where methods and sequence of assembly are described by detailed written instructions and/or verbal instructions.
- Works within limits of prescribed procedures, specifications, technical manuals, schematics and written/verbal instructions.
- Performs a wide variety of assembly operations on products or processes that may require additional skill, may be incomplete, or may be inadequately documented.
- May perform repetitive duties to test, troubleshoot and repair any electromechanical products and may use a variety of test equipment and other input/output test devices.
- Assembles and modifies pre-production precision units for engineering personnel as directed.
- Sets-up and operates automatic and semiautomatic assembly equipment and also sets up and adjusts fixtures.
- Discusses technical problems encountered with supervisor or engineering personnel and initiates corrective action with appropriate support personnel.
- Begins to utilize higher-level computer skills such as Excel, Word and database applications.
- Review new, revised and existing process documentation and provide feedback to supervision and engineering.
- May be required to use microscopes and precision measuring instruments to guarantee conformance to specified tolerances
- May assist in the collection and creation of data at the request of supervision
- May be called upon to assist ETS and Facilities in non-standard maintenance activities.
- Is expected to help lead and promote necessary changes to all Production Technicians
- May be asked to attend meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Is prepared to fill in when lead is unavailable and/or out for short periods. If period is extended, Production Technician III will work with Manufacturing Manager and other shift Supervisors to ensure adequate Supervision is provided.
- May be requested by management to provide direction to coworkers on what tasks to accomplish on a daily basis
- Strong training skills and ability to certify to specific training procedures for new employees and cross-train existing employees.
- Assists supervision in ensuring all Production Technicians are working within prescribed procedures.
- Assists supervision in encouraging optimum performance and behavior from all Production Technicians.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school degree or equivalent
- 2 -4 years of experience in various areas of manufacturing at FUJIFILM Dimatix, IncDemonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Must write legibly.
- Strong basic math skills.Working knowledge of Google Systems (ability to send emails and meeting requests).
Experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Understands and uses departmental email systems (ETS, Facilities, IT, Etc,) in the appropriate manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as individually.
- Demonstrated reliability and dependability
- Understands the material control systems in primary work areas
- Understands product serialization strategies in primary work areas
- Must be proficient in the use of Doc-search
- Must be proficient in the use of the company MSDS system.
- Ability to successfully plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks while keeping commitments.
- Ability to manage and work through disruptions
- Willingness to work overtime
- TWI Trainer – based on business need
- Is able to clearly define problems encountered and work through some level of problems on their own.
- Must be willing to provide honest feedback to supervision when asked about coworkers on topics including overall performance, attitude, behavior, morale, and adherence to standards.
- Must be able to give and receive constructive critisiscm
- A consistent, positive attitude
- Consistently on time to work and other work related commitments
- Willing to take initiative and find other areas to assist in when primary work tasks are completed.
- Willing to work where needed in production and is capable of quickly reacting to changes in what or how things are being done.
- Must know how to use electronic time recording systems, charge time to the correct account, and submit completed timesheet on time.
- 4 – 7 years of experience in various areas of manufacturing at FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc.
- Experience with SAP ERP or SAP MES
- Experience working on pilot processes
- Ability to effectively collect data in both written and electronic formats
- Ability to write meeting minutes
- Experience with formal problem solving approaches
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most of the time the job will be performed while standing.
- Must be capable of performing all functions on the manufacturing floor.
- Position requires a high degree of manual dexterity
- Must be able to wear protective gloves
- Must be able to work with microscopes
- Must be able to lift between 10 and 25 pounds without assistance.
- Position requires ability to work at close vision (20 inches or less) and must have the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to identify and distinguish colors
- Must have the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a variety of areas with differing cleanliness requirements which may require the use of various types of clean garments including frocks, coveralls, shoe covers, etc.
- Moderate noise level (printers, computers, moderate traffic, conversation)
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
FUJIFILM Dimatix is an E-Verify Employer