This is a temporary position employed by Corestaff working on site at Fujifilm Dimatix.
We search for the most talented and qualified people for both external and internal opportunities. At Fujifilm, performance, development and accountability are the standards to which the company and its people strive toward. At Fujifilm, INNOVATION and PEOPLE matter.
ATTN Staffing Services: We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
The Continuous Improvement Associate Engineer is responsible for supporting Wafer Fab and Assembly Manufacturing by maintaining and improving upon current improvement initiatives as well as identifying new improvement projects. Although this position is relatively junior, it offers an opportunity to grow experience and responsibility within the many facets of the industrial engineering discipline. This position will regularly communicate project plans and status updates to management. In order to maintain, improve, and implement initiatives, the Continuous Improvement Associate Engineer is expected to work with and occasionally lead cross-functional teams to gather and analyze data, provide proposals to management, and implement changes which will include communicating the proposal to all stakeholders, developing training documentation, coordinating training with supervisors and trainers, and maintaining control plans. This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Certain jobs may require experience not specifically stated in this document and will be administered by the Continuous Improvement Program Manager. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequences, and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub‑assemblies, and final assemblies
· Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products
· Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines
· Identifies and leads the implementation of improved manufacturing techniques
· Leads or coordinates ergonomic improvement efforts
· Layout analysis and planning
· Work flow simulation models
· Provides support for data management
· Capacity analysis and planning
· Strongly upholds the company’s goals of improving the work place by insuring compliance to all safety, health and environmental requirements and promotes involvement in improvement initiatives
· Actively enforces safety rules; utilizes PPE and works to correct safety and environmental hazards
· Adapts work schedule and work hours to accommodate training on all production shifts as needed
· May provide information into the formal assessment of performance by offering input into periodic performance reviews
· Evaluate the performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement
· Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work and the successful training of others
· Works closely with Production Supervisors to help schedule technician activities and provide adequate training and feedback
· Identify the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills
· May conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be capable of performing all jobs in the production areas.
· Most of the time the job will be performed while standing.
· Must be able to move around on the manufacturing floor.
· Must be able to listen to verbal instructions and work from written instruction.
· Position requires ability to work at close vision (20 inches or less) and must have the ability to adjust focus.
· Must be able to identify and distinguish colors
· Must have the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Job functions will be performed in an office environment, a light industrial setting, and a clean room manufacturing environment
· Clean room environment – must be able to wear full clean room garments
· Moderate noise level (printers, computers, moderate traffic, conversation)
· Other duties as may be assigned
· Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements
· Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session
· Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of performing the job and the guidelines set by orientation and training sessions