ATTN Staffing Services: We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
Person will use Wago PFC-200 PLC, defined I/O modules and actuators, and develop PLC software to control a new electrical-mechanical system (the New System) for DTI's new Samba Imprinting Print Bar (PB). The New System needs to interfaces to DTI's existing Print Engine Controller System (PECS).
The New System consists of two subsystems: PB Motion System and PB Maintenance System. PLC software needs to be developed that handles the PB motion System, PB Maintenance System, and API designed for interfacing with PECS.
The PB Motion System in general involves moving the PB to a "Printing" location or "Maintenance" location for cleaning or parking. The motion actuator is a Stepper motor and includes an encoder for feedback and dedicated Inputs for Travel limits and Homing. The interface to the Stepper Motor with Integrated smart controller is via Modbus over TCP/IP ethernet link from PLC. This communication stack needs to be developed in the PLC to support interfacing with Stepper.
The PB Maintenance System is an Electrical - Mechanic System requiring PLC control software to establish functionality. It activates fluid flows and vacuum in conjunction with motion control profiles for cleaning the PB or idle periods.
The PLC for the New System resides in PECS controller. All needed I/O and communication links are designed and ready for control software. The PLC is a Wago PFC 200. This is a multitasking PLC and the code to be created for the New System is to be added to the existing PLC project for final testing and integration. The software tool is Codesys version 2.2. The PLCs already interface to a separate GUI engine running on Windows PC. The PECS GUI interface to the PLC is via API today and this API needs be expanded and code created on the Wago to support it. Note, the GUI side of API is handled by another engineer assigned to this project. Once the PLC Control Engineer publishes the API, GUI code can be developed and thus API is a major milestone.
Must have PLC programming skills.
- The person should have atleast a BS in ME, EE, or equivalent. Some basic understanding of Algebra and Physics (i.e. Kinematics) is expected.
- Has experience programming PLC: Wago PLC and CodeSys software tool ideal, Others like Allen Bradley / RSLogix accepted.
- Experience with IEC 61131 standard for programmable controllers
- Experience developing and motion control (Stepper motor) control software.
- PLC language with skills in Structured Text then Function Block are required. Ladder experience is a plus.
- Experience with TCP/IP industrial communication between smart Stepper Controller and separate HMI device: Modbus ideal, others considered.
- Experience is writing interface specs and APIs
- Experienced with develop validation test plans and test reports