Job Title: Director of Business Development
The Director Business Development-Healthcare role is critical to the future market share growth of Fujifilm Medical Systems (FMSU). This sales position is for candidates that bring an entirely new level of strategic new business portfolio selling to the company. Candidates for this position will possess a unique blend of healthcare knowledge, professionalism, aggressiveness, integrity, intensity, risk taking, and business acumen. The Director of Business Development-Health care will create new market share growth by leveraging the FMSU USA healthcare portfolio.
Note: This is a highly advanced pure hunter sales role that is focused on larger healthcare systems and targeted provider facilities. Candidates will be required to demonstrate necessary skills, provide adequate detail of past experience, and articulate results in new business sales
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve quota associated with compensation
- Create effective sales strategies and account plans (blue sheets) for each targeted account/organization.
- Prospect and build pipeline to three times (3X) assigned quota
- Provide accurate and timely weekly forecasts and detailed 30/60/90 day sales
- Use com to improve effectiveness of sales efforts and give visibility to senior management.
- Strategize and share best practices with your new business team members
- Works in collaboration across FMSU product/services offerings with emphasis on selling the healthcare portfolio: Modality Solutions, Medical Informatics, Endoscopy, Systems Integration and Service.
- Develops effective business partnerships with the Marketing Teams and Service Management to enhance abilities to drive results and overall goals of FMSU.
- Drives sales strategies and programs in collaboration with Management to increase market share
- Lead strategic customer meetings and strategy sessions to drive sales
- Accurately complete assigned tasks as
Cross Functional Team Collaboration
- Collaborates with other members of the FMSU sale organization to ensure accountability and
- Participates in training efforts and feedback with cross-functional teams to drive MS, MI, ES, and SI sales.
- Maintains effective communications within and between various cross-functional departments within the organization to ensure maximum sales success, improved business processes and a positive customer experience.
- Shares responsibility for successful installations and implementations with all departments within FMSU.
- Participates in meetings and conferences via a travel schedule that is consistent with the requirements of the position.
- Performs special projects, tasks and studies, as
- Drives all efforts aimed at providing superior customer experience and reference
- Engaged in preparation of quotes, contracts, and site configurations to ensure accurate terms, conditions, pricing and configuration in accordance with established policies and
- Complies with the Quote to Order/Booking processes, adheres to the Grants of Authority (GOA), and follows any and all established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates proficient and effective use of the Company’s CRM tool, as directed by management. Ensures that opportunity pipelines, account activity, quote activity, contact management, assets and result reporting are accurately populated in system.
- Prospects, qualifies, and has lead responsibility for closing healthcare portfolio sales opportunities within the assigned geography and account targets.
- Maintains proficiency and stays up-to-date on FMSU products and
- Develops and drives relationships with key industry leaders across FMSU healthcare
- Provides accurate booking documents enabling Order Fulfillment
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve pipeline targets and sales quota within assigned
- Collaborate with Service and other departmental groups to achieve a positive customer experience with assigned target accounts.
- Cross-selling with all portfolio BU’s to leverage new business healthcare portfolio
- Comply with business processes, as defined by
- Contribute to a collaborative team
- Ensure ongoing and transparent communication- internally and
- Align behavior with corporate strategy, along with vision, mission and
- Participate in corporate activities (e.g., leadership activities, BPR, ).
- Adhere to the competencies, as defined for the
- Comply with all applicable U.S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) medical device regulatory requirements, applicable ISO 13485 standard requirements and all other applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- BA/BS/MA or equivalent, with 4+ years of successful medical sales experience, with an emphasis on Medical Imaging, Radiology, Endoscopy, Surgery and/or IT.
- Proven new business selling
- Proven track record of strategic selling and closing
- Demonstrated ability to obtain sales and achieve or exceed sales
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse range of individuals.
- Broad functional expertise strategic selling and planning, pricing strategies, and
- Ability to work cross-functionally to create business impact, problem solve, and communicate in a proactive and effective manner.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and resolve at both a strategic and tactical
- Ability to drive action plans with direct and indirect authority, executing within established timeframes and meeting or exceeding stated deliverables.
- Ability to analyze and report on financial
- Strong communication skills- presentation, written, and
- Proven positive leadership
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and
- Proficient in the use of com.
- Effective time management
- Ability to travel 75% of time- includes time spent in the field and at corporate
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
- The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work
- The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work
- The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work
- Close Vision: The ability to see clearly at twenty inches or
Ability to travel 75% of time- includes time spent in the field and at corporate offices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
In the event that COVID-19 vaccine mandates issued by the federal government, or by state or local government become effective and enforceable, the Company will require that the successful candidate hired for positions covered under relevant government vaccine mandate(s) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For all positions, the Company encourages vaccination against COVID-19 and requires that the successful candidate hired be willing to test for the COVID-19 virus periodically and wear a face covering indoors absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption.