Job Title: Zone Director, MRI/CT Sales Specialist
Under the direction of the Vice-President, Sales, the Zone Director, MRI/CT Sales position is responsible for planning, managing and directing sales operations and sales specialists within an assigned geographic territory, in order to achieve sales, revenue and profit goals within the assigned region.
Duties and responsibilities
- Works with Corporate Headquarters to developing Sales/Marketing strategy and implements programs through regional sales staff.
- Manages multiple sales specialists within a region and adjusts sales goals and procedures as appropriate.
- Designs and recommends sales programs and sets short and long-term sales
- Evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques to increase the region's sales May recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Responsible for recruitment, training and development of sales
- Maintains relationships and favorable contacts with current and potential
- Continuously develops knowledge regarding Fujifilm products and
- Submits accurate forecasts of orders and Maintains an accurate log of all accounts and prospects.
- Keeps current on industry updates and developments, including new and upcoming competitive products.
- Keeps current on customers’ business and operations, in order to create sales opportunities that have not been previously identified.
- Arranges and conducts product demonstrations for prospective and existing
- Develops business plans for presentation to prospective and existing
- Attends industry shows and conventions; develops and follows up on sales
- Encourages and maintains open line of communications between Sales and other areas of the Company, including;
- Service-regarding new installation activities and resolving product performance issues at customer sites.
- Clinical Science-regarding customer requests for new product enhancements and future product releases and content.
- Assure sales-related customer activities are performed with the highest of quality and customer satisfaction, including;
- On-site customer visits.
- On-site follow-up visits.
- Customer demonstrations.
- Comply with all applicable S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) medical device regulatory requirements, applicable ISO 13485 standard requirements and all other applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- 7+ years’ previous sales management experience, preferably in a medical or technological field.
- A./B.S. in Business, Marketing, Communication, Life Sciences or related field required. MBA preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Usual office and clinical working conditions
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; talk; and hear.
- Frequently use fingers to type and do other fine motor tasks.
- Frequently required to stand; walk, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently uses personal, public and air transportation.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; stoop; kneel; or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- Ability to travel extensively within an assigned geographic territory.
- Valid drivers’ license with a safe a driving record.
- Strong ability to manage the work of others, offering guidance, training, corrective actions and motivation as needed.
- Demonstrated proficiency in sales with full knowledge of the Fujifilm product line and its applications; superior sales presentation skills; strong ability to overcome customer objections and concerns; ability to quickly learn new products and services.
- Strong ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds; actively directs and participates in sales meetings and other departmental gatherings; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to develop long-term business relationships; strong listening skills; ability to determine needs of customers and colleagues.
- Strong ability to resolve a conflict or issue quickly and completely; provides alternative solutions as necessary.
- Strong ability to manage and execute multiple projects at the same time; organize work, self and staff as necessary.
- Strong ability to work with staff to encourage maximum teamwork and customer service.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint.
- Additional duties as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
In the event that COVID-19 vaccine mandates issued by the federal government, or by state or local government become effective and enforceable, the Company will require that the successful candidate hired for positions covered under relevant government vaccine mandate(s) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For all positions, the Company encourages vaccination against COVID-19 and requires that the successful candidate hired be willing to test for the COVID-19 virus periodically and wear a face covering indoors absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption.