- Responsible for analyzing business performance and advising management on methods to pre-empt problems and/or adapt to ever changing circumstances and developments.
- Responsible for analyzing and preparing financial data and statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis, and commentaries.
- Assist in business planning and departmental/site budgeting process and providing periodic forecasting.
- Responsible for ensuring that spending is in line with approved budgets.
- Analyze historical financial data to estimate future costs and revenues.
- Assist in analyzing FDBT’s financial performance and making long term forecasts.
- Recommend cost savings opportunities and effective strategies to improve value in all areas of the budget.
- Report on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of intangible assets.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations.
- Provide information for audits.
- Assist management in analyzing the financial impact of potential expansions.
- Prepare detailed analyses of business problems and opportunities.
- Develops and/or creates ad-hoc reports.
- Cost-benefit analysis, including recommendations on options and specific return on investment figures in order for the leadership team to make short and long term financial decisions.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Good math and computer skills.
- Expert understanding of current accounting principles.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and explain complex financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills.
- Great attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills are critical to the position.
- Excellent customer service, presentation and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong understanding of business principles and finance in order to interpret data and make strategic recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under tight timelines and pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research into accounting issues and provide resolutions to management for review/consideration.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in resolving inquiries and responding to problems and/or complaints from employees, vendors, customers, etc.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Prior experience with accounting software applications, such as Great Plains accounting system or other financial accounting systems.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, or a related field and three (3) years’ experience preferably in management accounting, auditing, budgeting, or closely related financial activity; OR
- Associates degree and five (5) years’ experience preferably in management accounting, auditing, budgeting, or closely related financial activity
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) Certificate in Business Accounting
- Big Four accounting firm experience