The Inkjet Applications Engineer is responsible for taking customer requirements and determining the technology, equipment, and processes required to achieve those requirements. Our business is extremely diverse requiring us to address a wide variety of markets. This includes a steady diet of new and challenging fluids, substrates, and machine integrations. The engineer will need a deep understanding of inkjet, and a broad multidisciplinary background. It will also be necessary to understand the limitations of our solutions capability and to expand those capabilities where possible. This can take the form of new tools or processes, or developing new inkjet subsystems.
- KNOWLEDGE: Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. This job for a fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
- SUPERVISION: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to digest customer application requirements as captured by sales and business development functions to gain a thorough understanding of target applications and expected jetting performance to meet customer requirements.
- Leverages knowledge of inkjet industry to determine the right combination of equipment, technology and processes to generate proof-of-concept samples as well as showcase feasibility of the customer application. Analyzes, evaluates and plans methods of approach and organizes means to achieve the solution of complex application challenges. .
- Provides day-to-day support to technical staff in the execution of sampling, testing and development activities.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders to generate clear and concise documentation of test processes and procedures.. Provides day-to-day support of testing activities and trains technicians on new and revised procedures.
- Drives verification and validation through the creation of test plans, working with technicians, performing tests, analyzing data, and meeting project goals by developing creative solutions to problems.
- Strong interest to work in a hands-on laboratory environment, the ability to accurately determine image quality and functional performance, and provide detailed analysis of results.
- Works closely with technical staff to develop documented procedures for test activities in an ongoing effort to standardize and improve lab procedures.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, operations, field support and external partners to produce solutions that achieve a thoughtful balance between function, quality, and cost.
- Collaborates with the FA&P, PHTL and JTC teams to leverage their subject matter expertise to solve application challenges as they arise.
- Contributes to concept generation and proposals to win new business.
- Prepare and release product documentation including part drawings, assembly prints, product manuals, process documentation, etc.
- Work with the field support team to achieve successful installation of equipment and troubleshoot customer issues. This may include some travel.
- Leverage research from industry and academic best practices to create new development processes that extend the engineering capabilities of the team
- Utilizes a host of different methods and tools required for the optimization and characterization of image quality.
- Image creation using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other open source tools.
- 10-15% travel.
PERFORMANCE TARGETS/EVALUATION MEASURES:
- Increased ease of use for FUJIFILM Inkjet print systems
- Success of new strategic application programs.
- Guidance of engineers and technicians.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s in a technical discipline and 5 or more years of related experience; or a Master’s degree with 3 years of related experience.
- Advanced testing and applications engineering skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills utilizing science and engineering education to arrive at practical solutions.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively document and present information to peers, customers, and management.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Advance knowledge of MS Office programs and Adobe Creative Cloud suite is desired.
- Advanced degree.
- Knowledge of FUJIFILM Dimatix technology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.portunity Employer
FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer