Fujifilm Dimatix, Inc. strives to offer a healthy work environment that promotes individual responsibility and growth, a collaborative spirit, and an atmosphere that encourages learning, professional development and achievement.
We search for the most talented and qualified people for both external and internal opportunities. At Fujifilm, performance, development and accountability are the standards to which the company and its people strive toward. And to support its employees, we offer programs that motivate, educate and promote a healthy work-life balance, which increase employee satisfaction and overall personal well-being.
Fujifilm is committed to offering a comprehensive and flexible benefit program to meet the needs of employees and their families. This flexible approach allows employees to create a program that fits their lives. At Fujifilm, INNOVATION and PEOPLE matter.
FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer
ATTN Staffing Services: We do not accept unsolicited resumes
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) shall work cross functionally, both within the Fujifilm Dimatix (FDMX) organization and it’s Suppliers, to continuously improve performance of assigned key commodity areas & components (increase performance, reduce scrap, &reduce risk to continuity of supply) by implementing process controls and developing quality assurance plans. The SQE tracks data, identifies improvement projects, and manages cross functional implementation to improve performance of key components and suppliers.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) shall ensure that suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services to FDMX. The SQE shall qualify suppliers according to company standards and in accordance to the requirements laid out in the FDMX Supplier Quality Manual. The SQE shall monitor parts & sub-assemblies from acquisition through-out the manufacturing cycle; aggressively communicates and resolves supplier-related problems as they occur. The SQE shall develop and prioritize an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing practices& quality standards are met and evaluates suppliers’ internal functions to assess their overall performance and provides constructive feedback.
KNOWLEDGE Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
JOB COMPLEXITY Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
SUPERVISION Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
EXPERIENCE Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Apply the requirements of the FDMX Supplier Quality Manual within the Supply Base
• Management of the Approved Vendor List (AVL), Supplier Certification, and Ship to Stock initiatives for assigned Commodities/Suppliers
• Conduct and/or support audits, when appropriate, of supplier facilities and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy and capability of supplier to meet quality specifications.
• Drive Root Cause & Corrective Action for Supplier related defects coordinating activity cross functionally. Support the MRB process in cooperation with Materials & Engineering personnel
• Support the New Product Development & Engineering Change processes to include, but not limited to, APQP submissions, FAIR/Cpk Reviews, facilitating Supplier Readiness Reviews, facilitating Supplier Design for Manufacturability activities.
• In cooperation with Procurement and Product Quality, set the purchased part quality continuous improvement agenda. Help drive continuous improvement throughout the Supplier base, based on impact to FDMX overall Key Goals.
• Apply principles of Lean Six Sigma and QS9000/APQP when and where appropriate in driving supplier initiatives
• Develop Commodity Subject Matter knowledge in areas assigned, including how those Commodities integrate into the larger overall strategy of Print Head manufacturing
• Support FDMX Print Head manufacturing operations for assigned commodities
• In cooperation with Procurement, support Cost Reduction Initiatives within the Supply Base
• Work cooperatively with the Inspection Lab and the Analytics & Materials Lab to develop & execute evaluation strategies for assigned commodities to support qualification and defect investigation activities
• Prepare periodic reports concerning department activities, problems, Supplier Quality improvement initiates and various Continuous Improvement programs
• Supervision of external (supplier) and internal support resources, including 3rd party quality contract labor, to ensure that piece part quality requirements of internal customers are satisfied by the AVL supply base.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge ofbasic to advanced statistical tools to include, but not limited to, Capability Analysis, Statistical Process Control, & Six Sigma methods(desired)
• Knowledge of QS, ISO or equivalent quality standards
• Quality auditing experience
• Knowledge and experience with Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) concepts & execution
• Knowledge and experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Practices
• Knowledge and experience with Design of Experiments (DOE)
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, &to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers.
• Ability to communicate and effectively present information to top management, suppliers, customers, etc.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the organization.
• Ability to use computer tools such as Minitab, Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, and Powerpoint is expected.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
• Works on complex problems requiring logical analysis of a variety of data and the influences of multiple factors.
• Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies to select methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
• Ability to define problems, collect, and analyze data, draw valid conclusions, and effect required changes.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to travel approximately 20-40% of the time to supplier sites.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
• Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FUJIFILM Dimatix is an E-Verify Employer
All candidates must apply online. To search for this position and other opportunities with FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc., please visit www.Dimatix.com/careers, where you can create a profile and submit your resume.