Essential Functions Include:
- Write and review standard operating procedures, buffer formulation records and batch production records.
- Assist senior staff in implementing project safety and quality assurance programs in accordance with SOPs.
- Maintain the confidentiality of proprietary company information.
- Document and maintain activity records according to cGMP regulations and ensure junior team members are trained.
- Operate general production equipment such as Autoclaves, Glass washers, Incubators, Analytical Scales, pH/conductivity meters, etc.
- Perform daily cleaning and sanitization of the laboratory and manufacturing areas.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with others.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Technician IV - Supervisory Track Option:
- Successfully leads two or more projects at a time.
- Perform as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on a variety of projects and range of technologies.
- Assists with onboarding new employees into the team.
- Assists Sr. Training Specialist with training needs of department.
- Responsible for maintaining the schedule and successfully coordinating with other departments.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to train others to perform to cGMP standards.
- Good self-discipline and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours, and be willing to work outside of normal, scheduled hours; as necessary. Must be able to work alternative shift hours and weekends as required.
- Excellent math and computer skills.
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment with full clean room gowning and good aseptic technique.
- Must have good planning and time management skills and be willing and able to interface with colleagues in many different roles and functions throughout the manufacturing facilities.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching above shoulders and stretching.
- Hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, safety shoes and gloves.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Attendance is mandatory.
Technician IV Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering or other related field and 2 years of relevant experience; OR
- Associate’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering or other related field and 4 years of relevant experience; OR
- High School/GED with 6 years of relevant experience.
- Above experience must include two (2) years GMP experience.
- Biotechnology certificate preferred.
- Cross training with other identified functional areas.
- Experience with mammalian, insect, yeast, or bacterial cell lines and their cultivation and/or purification of biologics or viral vectors produced from such.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.