The Inkjet Applications Development Engineer will play a critical role in making our inkjet printhead technology accessible to OEM customers through the exploration of new application requirements and development of operating techniques of ink/printhead combinations that can meet those requirements. This position is part of the Jetting Technology Center and will reside in our Lebanon, NH facility. The Jetting Technology Center is responsible for the development of applications for existing and future printhead products, as well as conducting jetting performance evaluation, including; printhead design verification, ink assessment for specific applications, and waveform development.
- KNOWLEDGE: Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
- SUPERVISION: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages applications development programs involving new or targeted products, customer, and FUJIFILM partners.
- Directs projects or major phases of projects and coordinates the efforts of technical support staff.
- Communicates application demands on printhead performance to other technical departments within FUJIFILM Dimatix.
- Takes ownership of test efficiency and effectiveness. Seeks out opportunities to improve jetting performance evaluation techniques in both short and long term.
- Provides clear and concise documentation of test processes. Accepts input from all sources when determining procedures. Trains technicians on new and revised procedures. Provides day-to-day support of testing activities.
- Analyzes, evaluates and plans test methods and organizes means to achieve the solution of complex jetting operability and inkjet system design issues.
- Conducts investigations or tests of considerable complexity pertaining to the development of new inkjet applications.
- Works cross-functionally with operations, technical support, product & business development, and outside partners.
- Understands, designs and troubleshoots print engine subsystems of ink delivery, drive electronics, head alignment and hardware.
- Focuses on available hardware/equipment, waveforms, and best practices to provide quick turn in support of business development activities.
- Has image RIP/screening experience and knowhow of implementing it to achieve desired application solutions.
- 5-10% travel.
PERFORMANCE TARGETS/EVALUATION MEASURES:
- Increased ease of use for FUJIFILM Dimatix printhead products
- Success of new strategic application programs.
- Guidance of engineers and technicians.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s in a technical discipline and 5 or more years of related experience.
- Advanced testing and applications engineering skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills utilizing science and engineering education to arrive at practical solutions.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively document and present information to peers, customers, and management.
- Detail oriented and very well organized
- Knowledge of MS Office and Adobe software programs
- Advanced degree.
- Knowledge of FUJIFILM Dimatix technology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer