Responsible for supporting production’s chemical usage in a 24/7 MEMS manufacturing environment. In conjunction with the more senior Chemical Technicians is responsible for biweekly auditing of the chemical inventory and all phases of virgin chemical and hazardous waste movement from receipt, through storage, distribution and disposal. Will empty and refilled wet sinks per the current Repour schedule and when quality issues dictate the need for a repour. Will champion EH&S issues and concerns, maintain necessary records and ensure that their work activities and that of co-workers are compliant with regulations.
- SKILL: Has substantial understanding of the job, and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- SUPERVISION: Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments. May provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
- EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 2 - 4 years of related experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with procurement and inventory control to audit and maintain chemical inventory levels and advise when manufacturing chemical utilization dictate a reevaluation of inventory levels.
- Monitor chemical consumption in the Fab during the shift and plan for incoming shift based on production demands. Deliver and stock chemicals accordingly.
- Ensure that all chemical and waste containers are properly labeled, stored and disposed of.
- Ensure that hazardous waste is not stored over 90 days and in satellite storage areas not more than a year.
- Provide properly labeled storage containers for universal and e-waste, collect and dispose of through Veolia.
- Measure, mix, and transport chemicals inside and outside of wafer fabrication facility.
- Perform manual repours of chemical wet stations and removal of hazardous waste.
- Maintain and monitor chemical bulk delivery systems.
- Handle, segregate, pack and label hazardous waste according to Hazardous Waste Profile and prepare for shipment according to federal, state and local regulations.
- Coordinate hazardous waste pickups, interface with hazardous waste vendor, submit blue manifest forms to DTSC, organize and file manifest, bill of laden and TSDF copies chronologically.
- Key member of (ERT) Emergency Response Team.
- Audit all chemical and hazardous waste areas daily and document audit weekly. Audit and document fire extinguishers, storm water drains, eye washes and safety showers monthly.
- Support EH&S in meeting regulatory requirements, assist in identifying and correcting EH&S discrepancies.
- Drive a forklift and ability to use drum handling hardware.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum High-school diploma or equivalent, Applicable Associates degree of higher is highly desirable.
- 2 to 4 years of related experience or Applicable Associates degree or higher with 2 years experience.
- DOT, HAZMAT Technician and Forklift current certification is required. First Aid, CPR, AED and IATA certification is desirable but not required
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive physical labor while wearing appropriate (PPE) personal protective equipment and cleanroom apparel. Ability to repeatedly lift 50lbs. Ability to move full chemical drums up to 55 gallons with or without lifting devices
- Available to work a compressed workweek schedule.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player and a self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good computer skills proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Good communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to understand directions and interpret pertinent policies clearly and accurately.
- Physical capable of wearing a chemical cartridge respirator with appropriate PPE in and out of cleanroom.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related discipline.
- Ideal candidate has MEMS, Chemical or Semiconductor manufacturing experience.
- Ideal candidate must have a background in chemical handling with DOT, Forklift and HAZMAT certification.
- Ideal candidate has Environmental Health and Safety experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work long hours when necessary, in order to meet group goals.
- Continual standing, walking, stooping and bending.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 50lbs.
- Must be comfortable working in cleanroom attire including splash shields, acid aprons, chemical resistant gloves and on occasion chemical cartridge full-face respirator.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Industrial facilities and cleanroom environment
- Works directly with hazardous chemicals
- Works around hazardous energies
- Works with mechanized equipment
- Works in a noisy environment
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.