POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products. Engineer will provide ongoing support for equipment designs produced by Engineering. Changes to system operation will require updates to user interface code as well as embedded systems. Engineer will be involved in support and design of equipment for Manufacturing and Development Engineering groups. The engineer will be involved in most aspects of the software life cycle: requirements, specifications, programming, debug, and documentation.
Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for providing support for equipment designs produced by Engineering
- Changing system operations via updates to use interface code and embedded systems
- Involved in support and design of equipment for Manufacturing and Development Engineering Groups
- Responsible for aspects of software life cycle, to include: requirements, specifications, programming, debug and documentation
- Create software for inkjet printing equipment for internal applications and for customers.
- Develop software infrastructures for a growing company.
- Work closely with customers to develop Software specifications.
- Troubleshoot software and systems problems.
- Provide project management of software-focused projects
- Provide support for existing software
- Provides technical support to project team members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of control theory, electronics and electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to apply software engineering algorithms and data structures concepts
- Working knowledge of Windows 10, , Excel, Word, database systems, , Visual Studio VB.Net and/or C#, C++, and Software Version Control (Git or TFVC)
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Development experience in VB.NET and/or C#
- Interest in working with hardware systems in addition to software.
- Knowledge of design patterns and software development best-practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in order to effectively present information to peers, subordinates, customers and management.
- Must have the ability to project a positive, professional and customer responsible image depending on environmental conditions.
- Demonstrates clear and precise project planning that delivers to milestones using detailed design tasks, proper resource allocation, process flow diagrams and procurement interaction.
- Experience writing Visual Basic or C# applications and User Interface using Visual Studio and .Net running under Microsoft Window’s Operating system
- Experience writing applications that utilize Industrial Control Interfaces (EtherNet/IP, EtherCat, PROFINET, and TCP/IP Sockets)
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as TCP/IP and sockets
- Develops multi- threaded and event driven software solutions
- Understands how users interface with machinery and develop software screens to facilitate interaction
- Design, develop, test and maintain legacy and newer applications in an ongoing business environment
- Troubleshoot software issues and correct defects in a timely manner.
- Communicate software system concepts or behavior with diagrams, PowerPoint and white boarding.
- Understand the various levels of Object Orientated design principles including State Machine Design
- Participate in code reviews and take an active role in developing best practices within the team.
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned which include knowledge of electronic and electricity.
- Ability to work under Engineering Development Process
- Thrive working in a team environment
- Understanding of motion control concepts
- Inkjet experience
- Industrial automation, test automation, and/or SCADA experience.
- Workflow management using Wrike, JIRA, and/or Confluence
- Knowledgeable in areas related to printing and print systems, including mechanical transport and fluid handling systems, electronic packaging, enclosures, and regulatory requirements.
- Programming in HTML5
- Understands various sensor, transducers, and actuators found on machinery that monitor and control physical applications
- Basic understanding of electronic circuit design and electricity
- Programming PLC (Wago , Allen Bradley ControlLogix)
- Knowledge of ink jet printing systems.
- Plain C for middleware or bare metal programming
- Linux Operating System
- Other File formats: Kodak IJPDS
- Screening algorithms
- Color Management
- Raster Image Processor (RIP): Adobe Print Engine or Global Graphics Harlequin Host Renderer
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing, walking, using hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear under one-third of the time.
- Sitting one-third to two-thirds of the time.
- Ability to concentrate and consistently deliver excellent attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment. Dress as appropriate, business-casual is the “default”.
- Extended detailed visual tasks and computer use.
- Works in manufacturing, clean room, and engineering lab environment
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FUJIFILM Dimatix is an E-Verify Employer