Ensure that FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc., maintains a safe, healthy, compliant environmentally friendly work environment for its employees while facilitating Company activities and operations. Manages the environmental, industrial, health and safety regulation compliance for Dimatix New Hampshire facilities.
Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates. Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
Manages activities of two or more sections or departments. Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing. In some instances this manager may have subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Apply expert knowledge on health, safety and compliance matters. Insure the safety of all Dimatix employees and the protection of the company through compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety regulations, both in the US and world wide
- Oversees the development, planning, and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies; develops procedures (chemical safety, ergonomics, illness and injury prevention, and building safety) used throughout the company.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to the environment and the safety and health of employees and the community. Handles all contact with appropriate agencies.
- Oversees compliant hazardous waste disposal and reporting and monitors waste handling efforts by Dimatix employees.
- Perform required regulatory reporting in the areas of OSHA injury and Illness reporting, EPA SARA reporting, New Hampshire DES hazardous waste and air reporting, city of Lebanon waste water reporting.
- Develops, oversees and implements effective company training programs for employees in areas such as compliance training, lab/plant inspection, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, and life safety.
- Works with supervisors and managers to reinforce their responsibilities for employee safety and environmental compliance.
- Point of contact for emergency personnel and workers compensation program reporting with Human Resources.
- Works with area management to insure appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist.
- Raises awareness on health and safety matters.
- Assure that employees are well informed about the health and safety considerations of activities and materials involved in their job function.
- Represents FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc., in related professional activities.
- Keep management well informed on health, safety, environmental and compliance matters.
- Manages loss prevention and risk management programs.
- Advise product groups on safety and compliance matters with regard to FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc. products.
- Manage Safety Committee Activities
- Participate in HLUS Shared Services activities: bi-weekly conference calls and projects as needed and desired.
- Serve as back up, or identify and train back up, to EH&S support staff in the areas of hazardous waste management, inspections and other duties as necessary
- Continue professional education through attendance of conferences or other means
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Responsible for the supervision and development of EH&S support staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four-year bachelor's degree and minimum of 10 years of work-related skill, knowledge, and or experience, or equivalent in work experience.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the safe design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Environmental, Health and Safety Manager may be required to handle up to 55-gallon drums of waste and other
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Both office work and production/engineering lab environment.
- Potential exposure to chemical and physical hazards in the workplace
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- May perform periodic EH&S audits at other Fujifilm manufacturing facilities in the US. These are voluntary and at the discretion of EH&S Manager and VP of Operations
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
FUJIFILM Dimatix is an E-Verify Employer